The review by Alphaman below is pretty spot on!
It's worth pointing out that this place is actually in St Thomas, not Portland or Port Antonio. My partner and I stayed in two different rooms on the upper and ground floors and both rooms were above average.
- A stones throw from the sea
- Excellent value
- Upmarket feel.
- Great rooms. Modern furnishings. Big beds. Cable TV for my significant other.
- Generally clean rooms
- Breakfast. The best! Hearty & delicious!
- Friendly staff
- Location. In a residential area so not much buzz. Definitely not a resort.
- Pot luck with the front of house staff but don't let crappy staff put you off! One of the front of house staff bent over backwards to get us a nice room, another made us go the extra mile for room service!
- The "sea view" was obstructed by lots of trees.
- Trek to the shops. Glad we had a car for shopping trips.
- The rooms and bedding could have been a little cleaner. Balconies were sadly neglected.
- Crappy beach.
Whispering Bamboo is easily the best guest house for miles and we would definitely stay there again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Whispering Bamboo Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whispering Bamboo Cove Hotel Port Antonio