Oh no, I am really disappointed to write this review, but here we go.
I have stayed at Golden Shore a few of times now and each time felt I could of written different reviews (only one of the times would of been positive)
The rooms have been updated since my last stay, curtains, bedding, floor tiles and even a lick of paint. This was a long time coming, as the rooms did need updating. The location of GS is great, 5-7 minutes drive to Morant Bay, which as a town, has most things that you need.
Staying at GS in September / October, as it is NOT busy with guests and I feel that the level of attention to detail did get forgotten.
I.E - in the eating area, table cloths are not on the tables, tables have some staines on
- tea / coffee is not being left out on the table for guests to help themselves
- staff are more relaxed as they are not busy, so eating their breakfast during the times when guest should be served. So when you ask them for something, their face is a great picture - of why are you bothering me now!
Now whilst the decor has improved, what was the biggest let down for my stay was the cleaning.
In the Shower room, tiles we not cleaned everyday, so stains were left
Shower curtain - needed changing as it had old stains on
Bedding - White sheets which were changed during my stay had staines on, which was then put on my bed.
- One morning I stripped the bed, as the AC did not work that night, so the sheets were kind of wet ( due to the sweat) whilst I forgot to take off the pillow cases, they changed the sheets to another set of clean ones - but with stained ones (that clearly the washing machine could not get out) and left the dirty pillow cases on. Also the bedding had a heavy bleach smell left on them.
Staines on the floor - not moped up each day ( lucky for me, I had a pair of slippers)
Bedside table lamps - could not be used as where the bed was, there was not sockets on that side on the wall to plug in the lamps
I just wonder was the cleaner was thinking!. It's not as if, she was busy and she had lots of rooms to clean. She had time to thoroughly clean my room each day and I go back to my point, that staff are not doing their job properly in less than busy times, as they want to just hurdler together in the eating area to sit down and chat, to occupy their day.
You may be thinking, why have you stayed there again, if my experience has varied?. Well, like I said the location is excellent for my friends and family that live in the local area. And yes, I did complain about the cleaning.
I must say, that will be the last time that I stay at GS. Paying 5500 JA dollars a night is NOT worth sleeping in an area that is not clean. Remember this is not the first time I have experienced this, but I feel strongly now to tell potential guests of my bad experiences.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your Golden Shore Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Shore Beach Hotel Jamaica
- Golden Shore Beach Jamaica