All reviews mohegan sun waffle maker staff was friendly would stay here again one night stay london area casino cathy shuttle foxwoods signage
Reviewed July 31, 2018

We made reservations for a four night stay and decided to leave after ~15 hours for the following reasons:
-The WiFi in our room did not work. The front desk told us that the WiFi would not work in our room and to use a neighboring hotel’s WiFi instead.
-The bathtub drain in our room was clogged, so there was standing water when taking our showers.
-The hotel didn't seem to enforce any quiet hours, and there was a person yelling obscenities and pounding on doors before 7am.
-They were serving milk that expired four days prior at breakfast.
-To top it off, there was a MOUSE running through the dining area, witnessed by multiple guests.

We explained our concerns to a woman at the front desk, who supposedly took notes. She did not offer any accommodations to get us to stay, nor did she show any concern for what we told her. She said the general manager, Gulshan Soni, would contact us the next day. He did not call the next day as we were told. Over the next four days, we made a total of six phone calls (and one email) to this hotel, another one of Gulshan Soni’s hotels, and corporate before corporate was able to get us in touch with him. I explained our concerns to Gulshan Soni and requested a full refund of our four night reservation due to the EXTREMELY POOR QUALITY of our stay and inconvenience of finding a new hotel on our vacation. He stated that he could only give us Choice rewards points and that he would have to talk to his "manager" to authorize any sort of refund. Over the next week, we made five phone calls, before finally getting a hold of Gulshan Soni again. The front desk had various reasons for him to not come to the phone, and it became evident that he was avoiding our phone calls/voicemails. When we finally got a hold of Gulshan Soni again, he instantly said he was not going to refund any money, rudely talking over me. He then had the nerve to say he wasn't going to listen to me because he said I was making up my story after speaking with his staff. I asked for his manager, but this time, he said he didn't report to anyone. We have attempted to work with corporate on this issue, but they said that it is up to the hotel general manager or the hotel owner (who we haven’t been able to get a hold of either) to refund any money. Instead of feeling refreshed from our vacation, over the past few weeks, we have been dealing with the hotel, corporate, BBB, and the local health department on these issues.

In summary, the customer service at this hotel is essentially non-existent because the general manager, Gulshan Soni, refuses confrontation and has zero respect for his customers. It’s no wonder his hotel has a “D” rating on the BBB website, as many of the complaints are similar to ours in regards to this extremely poor and unprofessional management. By the way, Gulshan Soni also manages the Red Roof Inn in New London, CT, so I would be cautious to stay there as well. His business card may boast a PhD, but he must have skipped class the day they learned about basic customer service skills!

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EPBS
Gulshan S, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Dear Guest

You want to do early check out and booked through with third party with advance purchase reservation with no cancellation. We are not able to refund money and than you come up with different story. We offer you to upgrade to suite but you denied and we also offer you choice privileges points but you told us you stayed with different choice hotels and all choice hotels are not good at all. That not true Sir. We respect your opinion. My team told you same thing several times and but you want your money back and if I refund your money that everything is good than we know the basic customer service skills also. Even you threat our employees if I do not get my refund I will write bad reviews and yelling on us ever time when you called.

Thanks
Soni

Reviewed June 26, 2018

This is the 5th time I have stayed here as it is very easy to get too from 95. Rooms have updated and the staff is alwa very friendly. we were unable to use the pool, too cold, heater broken and it was very murky looking. This year they added a continental breakfast, which was very nice to see.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Stayed here for 1 night for a Mohegan Sun concert.
Our first impression upon arrival was not favorable. This hotel needs a serious exterior upgrade.
Our room, on the other hand, was surprisingly very nice. Clean and well equipped.
Bed was very comfortable.
The bathroom was large with great water pressure.
Breakfast was included and was really good!
Hotel staff friendly.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Gulshan S, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2018

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Where to begin. We arrived at the hotel in the early evening. Got to our room and the door was open. Did not need the keycard to get it. I found it quite off but needed we needed to get ready so I didn’t make much fuss. First major issue was the shower did not drain. It was disgusting. I showered and had water collected to my ankles and my husband had to shower after and had the same thing. The shower could use some elbow grease. Dawn dishsoap and vinegar go a long way! — After the concert we came back to what seems to have been a party. The doors that should have been locked to come in and out of the property but a rock had been placed in the door to allow people to come and go. There were people talking loudly in the hall and doors slamming until 2 am. There are piles of goop in various places on the walls. The room all around was very nice. The bed was comfortable and could of been excellent had the shower drained and a good deep cleaning. We were woken by loud voices again this time coming from outside. Our room was on the second level and these individuals were speaking so loudly I cloud hear the conversation through a closed window and the air conditioner running on full blast.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jessica V
Gulshan S, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2018

Reviewed June 17, 2018

We choose this hotel because of the reviews we read.
The staff was very pleasant and nice.
But this hotel needs major updating. We had to switch rooms right from the start, there was hair and stains in the one bed. The ice in the ice machine had black stuff on it when it came out but the staff had ice at the front desk so they gave us some.
The beds were very small for two people. The halls and entry ways are in great need of painting.
Breakfast was good and the coffee was excellent. So not all entirely bad.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Gulshan S, General Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience