All reviewsmohegan sunwaffle makerstaff was friendlywould stay here againone night staylondon areacasinocathyshuttlefoxwoodssignage
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed overnight on an end-of-weekend casino jaunt. Although motel is plainly adjacent to exit 83
of I-95, it is difficult to locate on Frontage Road, to immediate north of highway (front entrance), and virtually impossible to find at Bayonet street (back entrance) address. Motel's back is tucked behind a Red Carpet Inn. If you didn't know it was there, you'd not find it. Signs at front and rear would help greatly. Management is said to be aware of this suggestion. The motel is hardly of recent vintage, but its lobby and rooms have been up-dated by significant expenditure. Everything within the room worked well. Carpeting, furniture, and mattresses are new. Some areas of the structure, especially adjacent to the "sky bridge" walkway, are in immediate need of drywall repair and paint. Pool could use a working heat system.There is a not-quite "hanging" Gardens of Babylon motif adjacent to the breakfast dining area. At one time, water flowed through it. No more.
Overall, the motel is comfortable, quiet, and scrupulously clean. It employs friendly, helpful and well-adjusted staff. It is worth the rate.

Room Tip: Rooms to rear of building avoid I-95's noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rey17
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Although we only spent one night at this property I had to give my compliments to the staff and management. Lobby was clean and spacious and the front desk staff were friendly and most helpful. Upon arrival we were greeted by the manger. We had a family member that wasn't able to come and it was past cancelation. Without hesitation the manger understood and took care of the second reservation for us. Rooms were clean and updated, minus the tube tv's. Breakfast was nothing crazy, just basic stuff but good.

Easily located off the highway and about 15-20 easy minutes to Mohegan Sun.

Keep up the good work, we will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Vacation_Junkie13
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here on Memorial Day weekend. Of course the place was packed with no late checkouts. Only stay here if you just need a place to sleep. Breakfast was less than average. All carbs, ugghhh. The hotel is definitely worn, old and in need of an update.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I are typically optimistic when it comes to things. When we decided last minute to get a hotel room for a weekend wedding we were attending, the Clarion was the only viable option. We decided to suck it up and spend the night. It was impossible to find. Behind an Outback Steakhouse with no sign? Three girls were working the front desk (only two of whom were actually working) and there was a line to check in. The room looked okay. The shower drain clogged, as did the sink and the toilet. The bed was average. The thing that tipped it all off was a carbon monoxide leak the morning of our checkout that forced the evacuation of the entire hotel. We had plans for our own anniversary that day and were forced to stay outside while a group of the staff just talked. I walked up, interrupted the conversation of the girls, handed in my keys and left without receiving an apology or anything. Worst hotel experience I've had in a while. DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Hamburrlin
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Connecticut for a short weekend getaway .. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was basic but very welcoming and the rooms were spotless .. The best was the van driver Ricardo who took us to the casino , very friendly and easy to get along with

• Stayed: July 2013