All reviewsmohegan sunwaffle makerstaff was friendlywould stay here againone night staylondon areacasinocathyshuttlefoxwoodssignage
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here on Memorial Day weekend. Of course the place was packed with no late checkouts. Only stay here if you just need a place to sleep. Breakfast was less than average. All carbs, ugghhh. The hotel is definitely worn, old and in need of an update.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I are typically optimistic when it comes to things. When we decided last minute to get a hotel room for a weekend wedding we were attending, the Clarion was the only viable option. We decided to suck it up and spend the night. It was impossible to find. Behind an Outback Steakhouse with no sign? Three girls were working the front desk (only two of whom were actually working) and there was a line to check in. The room looked okay. The shower drain clogged, as did the sink and the toilet. The bed was average. The thing that tipped it all off was a carbon monoxide leak the morning of our checkout that forced the evacuation of the entire hotel. We had plans for our own anniversary that day and were forced to stay outside while a group of the staff just talked. I walked up, interrupted the conversation of the girls, handed in my keys and left without receiving an apology or anything. Worst hotel experience I've had in a while. DON'T STAY HERE.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Hamburrlin
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I decided to take a trip to Connecticut for a short weekend getaway .. The staff was very helpful, the breakfast was basic but very welcoming and the rooms were spotless .. The best was the van driver Ricardo who took us to the casino , very friendly and easy to get along with

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank irish168
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is alright for a one-night stay but any longer and I would recommend finding somewhere else. First of all, the marquee sign said "Pool Now Open," and from the moment we stepped into the lobby that was not hard to believe. The lobby and first floor hallways reeked of a strong chlorine scent. Luckily our room was farther down the hall, so the scent wore off by the time we reached it.

The lady the front desk was nice enough at checking us in and directing us to our room, which was on the first floor. I never had problems with the WI-FI at this hotel, like some of the other reviews were mentioning.

The room itself had seen better days. The bathroom was probably the worst part. The ceiling had mold and water stains, the tub was stained and not cleaned well, the toilet was very small, did not flush properly, and ran all night. The vanity light looked like it had tiny dead bugs in and around it. The wall paper around the tub was peeling, and the door took a good "push" to close. The rest of the room had additional downsides, like the old tube TV, the microwave which was leaning because it lacked a fourth leg, and stains on the curtains. The air conditioning worked, but despite a sign that said "This unit is controlled by wall thermostat," we had to work the air from the controls on the actual unit because the wall thermostat was broken. Again, this was all do-able for a one-night stay but had we wished to stay longer we probably would have found another room or different hotel. The beds were clean and comfortable enough.

The complimentary breakfast was very lacking - no warm food, just bagels, muffins, doughnuts, and cereal. Again, this hotel would probably do for a one-night stay only. It is right off the highway and located near an Outback Steakhouse and Chili's. Highway noise wasn't too much of a problem at night, but that was with the air turned up all the way.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, so I was hesitant to stay here. The hotel was just okay. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. There were problems with their pool area and the WIFI did not work. One major bonus they offer is they will give their customers rides anywhere locally. If you want to go to dinner they will take you there and pick you up, free of charge. I learned that there was a coupon for $59.99. I paid double that. I would advise to do a search for the coupon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family