“No Frills hotel. Friendly staff”
Review of Clarion Inn

Clarion Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in New London
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I normally stay in 4 or 5 star hotels, so I was hesitant to stay here. The hotel was just okay. It was clean and the beds were comfortable. There were problems with their pool area and the WIFI did not work. One major bonus they offer is they will give their customers rides anywhere locally. If you want to go to dinner they will take you there and pick you up, free of charge. I learned that there was a coupon for $59.99. I paid double that. I would advise to do a search for the coupon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

The hotel was about a 3 min drive from the main drag of New London. Room was quite large, good shower and products, fridge looked kinda funky, lots of channels on the TV, boring continental breakfast but all I needed was juice. Perfectly fine for one night during the busy Sail Fest in NL.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were surprised by the extra "tv" room with sofa and privacy from the rest of the room.
Great price for the area! Clean.
Right on 95 but a little confusing getting to Frontage rd N bound
Only negative was a surprisingly minimal breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We enjoyed a fine quick family getaway in a reasonable hotel that was close to everything. Friendly staff, nice pool clean rooms and also pet-friendly. I would recommend this place to any looking for a bargain - we got the rooms for $69 so it was really ideal for our purposes.

Room Tip: Adjoining rooms a plus
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I got this hotel on Priceline so I didn't know what I was getting until after paying for it. Immediately after I finally new the name of the hotel I was staying read the reviews in Tripadvisor and I was pretty scared of what I was going to get.
For you planning on going to stay here; go ahead, it's a very good hotel. Clean, comfortable, well kept.
The only con was the manager (at least that's what I heard saying she was): very bad attitude. When we arrived Steven at the front desk was helping us. The system was very slow but Steven was so nice that we were fine waiting. Suddenly 'the manager' showed up to the rescue: was like dealing with some Customs Officers, not a word, no apologies for the inconvenience. We booked 2 rooms, she gave us the rooms on 2 different floors! She said she didn't have anything else....went to check the rooms, one was not right so went back to the front desk and luckily she was not there. Wonderful Steven checked and gave us the second room NEXT to the first one. What a manager!
For the owners of the property, please have a talk with her...she is the bad part of the hotel.

2  Thank Jeannette F
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Following a period of neglect and decline, a new owner and management team are doing their level best to bring the hotel back to the standards one expects when traveling. The reception area has been redone and is well appointed. My wife and I were cordially greeted by the front desk staff and escorted to our suite. A staff member assisted us in getting our luggage to the room. The hallways and room were newly carpeted. The bathroom appeared to have been completely redone including new fixtures and a granite counter top. Towels and linens for our king size bed were changed daily and the room was tidied up during our absence. The rooms and suites have been prepared for flat screen TVs which are expected to be installed soon. The hotel is located minutes from all of the major attractions in the area and access to I-95 in both directions is great. A continental breakfast was more than sufficient to get us started on our daily excursions. The swimming pool and spa were closed for repairs, but were close to reopening. Granted, there are still areas that need a little TLC, but the owner and managers should be given an "A for effort" regarding the comfort of their guests. We definitely would recommend a stop at the Clarion New London and believe you would not be disappointed.

Opa and Gramster from Maryland.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I spent two nights here on Memorial Day weekend. This hotel is showing its age on the exterior. The front desk breezeway is damaged from an apparent truck collision with the ceiling. I had a King non-smoking room (614). The room was clean,the bed was comfortable, and had ample towels. All systems (A/C, plumbing, lights, etc.) were in working order. The sink drain was a little slow. This room had some peeling wall paper around the window was was a bit dusty.

Overall, the hotel hallways smelled musty, there is no lounge/bar, and the common areas are a bit barren. They do offer a continental breakfast which i did not take advantage of.

I got the feeling that this hotel was having financial problems.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
#5 of 14 in Groton
Rodeway Inn Waterford
Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 5 in Waterford

Been to Clarion Inn? Share your experiences!