All reviewsmohegan sunwaffle makerstaff was friendlywould stay here againone night staylondon areacasinocathyshuttlefoxwoodssignage
Reviewed May 30, 2008

The first clue should have been that it was next to the highway. The second clue should have been the nasty smell in the entrance when we walked in. And yet again, the 3rd clue......the staff. Nasty and discontent can't even come close to describing these people. From the first person we encountered to the last when we checked out, none too soon by the way.
The breakfast was cold, the eggs that I ordered over medium were hard and cold, the coffee was old and tasted like dirt.
The rooms were clean, but the hallway smelled like a mold factory and the fridge and the bathroom were both moldy.
Never again will I stop and spend the night at a highway motel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NYCTraveler08088
HotelManagementHINL, Manager at Clarion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2008

We are sorry to hear our level of service was not acceptable during your stay. Our goal is complete satifaction and exceptional customer service every day with every guest. The Holiday Inn New London is located in a suburban area, distanced from the highway by a large pond and street. We are also sorry to hear you did not enjoy your breakfast experience. We adhere to the Holiday Inn Standard "Breakfast, right ...on time" and strive to meet this expectation with every meal served. We look forward to a second chance to impress you as a guest at our hotel.

Reviewed April 17, 2008

I attended a meeting at the Holiday Inn in New London last week and was pleasantly surprised. The room was spacious and the food was nicely displayed. It was a half day meeting so I did not stay over, but it is next to a shopping plaza and they have plenty of parking (free) as well as a pool. The staff was friendly and I plan to take my family back this summer.

Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank CamWorcester_MA
Reviewed March 15, 2008

I stayed here on a business trip. For some reason, I was given a handicap room even though there appeared to be plenty of regular rooms available...but that was fine with me...nothing different than a regular room other than bathroom accessible features for the handicapped. I stayed for a week and the only "complaint" I might have is some noisy neighbors one night - not unusual for an establishment like this. Reasonably clean motel and rooms. Outback Steakhouse is on the same property, which was nice. There is also a outdoor shopping mall right next door with a Chilis(?) and an all-you-can-eat Chinese Restaurant. Neither seemed to be exceptionally clean though - especially the Chinese place. There's a Guitar Center in the mall, grocery store, hair salon, and a Subway sandwich place inside the Grocery store. Here's my thing, the Holiday Inn is what it is...your average Holiday Inn, but I guess I'm spoiled by living in the Midwest. I don't know what the crime rate is in New London but there seems to be an awful lot of security and shoplifting prevention tactics employed in the area. While I did meet some very nice people in New London, overall, the "unfriendliness" of the locals was disturbing and the overall area seems to be a bit depressed and dirty. Anyway, I had a decent stay with no problems and would stay at this motel again if passing through or on business.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank hldnoqtr
Reviewed March 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed here February 26th and 27th. The front desk was great. The room was clean and quiet. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cherylcassidy05
Reviewed February 17, 2008

2nd time at the hotel. 1st time, nail clippings in the bed, and when we went to use the pool they were out of towels, and we had to walk to our room soaking wet (had to go outside to get to our room too!). 2nd time at the hotel (feb 17, 08) 1st they tried to double charge my credit card! Forget about breakfast...we had to wait 20 minutes and then when we got seated we had to wait another 20 minutes just for our beverages....we just left....i would strongly reccomend not staying at this hotel.... plus they were totally understaffed.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Tabetha82785