Clarion Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Groton)
Oakdell Motel(Waterford)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsoutback steakhousemohegan sunwaffle makerstaff was friendlyenjoyed my stayshuttle serviceindoor poolone night staymystic aquariumchecking inlondon areacoast guard academycasinocathyfoxwoodssignageconnecticut
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The Clarion New London is easy on and off the highway, without the highway noise. The rooms were a bit dated, with old tube tv's and furniture that was clean and in good repair. The pillows were small (oddly so). There was a fridge in the room (something that is becoming more of a rarity), vending and ice conveniently down the hall near an exit. The complimentary continental breakfast, though unremarkable, was unexpected (thanks!). In case you are a fan, there is an OutbackSteakhouse across the parking lot.

The indoor pool was out of service when we visited, but looked nice from the outside.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to casual visitors, tourists, families or business folks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank upstate102
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Most Clarion hotels offer so much more for same or lower price...

This hotel clearly need some improvement and remodeling...

However, I was please with customer service, free suite upgrade...

Carpet, mattress and especially old big box tv should be replaced (hopefully soon).

Breakfast need improvement as well... Very very weak!!!!

I can't believe paying as much as $100 a night for so little and this Clarion is unfortunately comparable to a low grade Quality Inn... Or other cheap hotel...

Wifi Internet was ok... Working on and off all the time :-(

Not my best experience... Great customer service at the front desk though ;-)

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank benoitleblanc
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very much in need of maintenance .... Beds are old and uncomfortable bathrooms very small. The toilet sits so low to the floor and was loose! Vending machines didn't work. Hard to regulate temperature in room

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Annmash
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I made last minute weekend plans to go and spend the night at the Mohegan Sun or Foxwoods Casino . Both hotels were outrageously priced (supply and demand), so I thought I'd check nearby hotels for a lower rate. I did find a room at the Clarion in New London, CT for $124. When I arrived, there was only one person working the check-in counter and the line was ten deep. After a long wait to finally check in (and having seen a couple of people with immediate room key and room assignment issues), I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best. When I opened the door to the room, I immediately saw a big tear in the curtain, the TV was very outdated and the refrigerator was one step from the scrap yard. The bed was reasonable but the pillows were undersized. Despite appearances, the room was clean. Next time I will plan ahead.

Room Tip: Plan ahead of time and secure a room closer to the casino at a reasonable rate or go to the casino during the week when the casino 's are less crowded and rooms are reasonable. After all the last minute planning, getting a room and finally getting to the casino, it was so busy, we couldn't get on a table.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jsepulveda
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I read all the reviews before booking and I have to say that for a hotel that is currently being run by the bank, they try real hard. The staff was very nice, we arrived early and although the night before they were full they were able to provide a room earlier. The room did not smell and was very clean. We had a room in the building across from the lobby. I was concerned as I normally do not book hotel on the highway, but this hotel is set back and I could not hear I-95. The breakfast was plain, but if I want a cooked breakfast I either go out or stay at a hotel that serves a cooked breakfast (and costs more per night). Our concert was at Mohegan April 28th and it was so easy to get there and back, a big plus in my book. There is also an Outback restaurant at the entrance to the hotel and nearby shopping plazas. I rate this as an average hotel based on our experience. There are worse hotels out there. The tv may be old, but we don't pick the hotel for the TV. It would also help that the hotel post that the pool was closed while the ownership is the bank.

Room Tip: We had a king room across from the lobby. I slept fine and I am a light sleeper. Room was bright as the windows faced the highway (and water reservoir). The room was very spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple