Clarion Inn
$132
$129
$125
Orbitz.com
All reviewsoutback steakhousemohegan sunwaffle makerstaff was friendlyenjoyed my stayshuttle serviceindoor poolone night staymystic aquariumchecking inlondon areacoast guard academycasinocathyfoxwoodssignageconnecticut
Reviewed September 17, 2012

On 9-14-12 we rented room 234 which is a pet friendly room/non smoking king room. It was the most disgusting room we have ever seen and smelled, however, we needed to stay because we had driven all day. The room smelled like urine, the carpet was wet throughout the room, the curtains had cigarette burns, the lamp on the left side of the bed didn't work. In addition, someone had set the alarm prior to our visit and it went off which startled our dog who then barked and probably work everyone up in the wing. Whoever is the manager needs to get off of his/her bum and make sure that the staff is doing their job. Whoever the corporation regional manager is needs to get into that hotel and make some major changes as it was nasty beyond belief, especially for a hotel chain that I thought had high standards...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Alan S
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Our first room had a broken toilet that my husband had to fix (the maid then broke it again). We were put into a room that had an odor. After we were unpacked and settled the second time I discovered the source of the odor... There was extensive mold in the ceiling. The ceiling was black (the hotel tried to hide it by painting the ceiling white). The price was attractive, but the room was disgusting. Beware of room 314.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank SueVogt
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had to stay in this roach motel for two weeks while I was on a business trip... My flight to TF was delayed and I ended up arriving at the hotel at 2am. I was to tired to notice much in the beginning except the walls smelled like mold. The guy at the counter didn't even bother to help me carry my 70lb suit case or anything else I was struggling to drag upstairs. The breakfast eggs, though they tasted good, were always cold & the sausages really greasy, the cereal was placed in dirty containers and the milk was sour!!!! The sugar packets were so old the sugar itself was crystallized!!The staff was terrible to me and my coworkers, the manager kept calling me Mami and winking at me like I know him???? The keys absolutely NEVER worked and there were BUGS ON MY BED!!!!!!! Please don't stay here and DO NOT BRING YOUR KIDS! It's a thirty year old hotel and needs to be torn down! Thank God our company moved us to the Springhill, we're so happy! And Jeff Schoolcraft, the manager, is the sweetest person ever!

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Carolina199
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night before our vacation at the shore began. We were exhausted, having flown from Tampa to Green and then driven to New London. So, we did not pull back the blankets or sheets until well after midnight. We had a room with two double beds. One of the beds was infested with bed bugs...we could actually see them moving from the head of the bed into the middle. The other bed did not appear to be affected, so I used my beach towel to lie on and covered myself with my clothes. My husband slept sitting up in a chair. We unpacked our suitcases on the deck of our rental and hoped that we had not brought any bugs or eggs with us.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank janty303
Reviewed August 24, 2012

$100 with tax is what attracted us to this hotel and we got what we paid for on a weekend overnight stay. The room and bathroom was clean, spacious and comfortable. The hallways and lobby were un-vacuumed and cups left by guests were left on end tables in the lobby near the bar. Not a welcoming experience. Breakfast was so-so. Two types of cold cereal, bagles and mini-muffins, loafs of store bought sliced bread, scrambled eggs and sausage patties. The staff was struggling to keep up with the large number of guests.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple