“Pleasant Surprise”

Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in New London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This was my first opportunity to stay at this hotel, my experience was excellent from beginning to end. The rooms are very spacious and furnished well. They are well maintained and kept very clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and did everything possible to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The restaurant has a great variety to close from and the folks are great

Room Tip: Make reservations early as possible!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Amit R, General Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear GovernmentTraveler,

We are thrilled to hear from brand new & spacious product to staff service everything you found up to your satisfaction level. We appreciate your time letting us know, it drives my team to go above & beyond over & over.

We hope to be at your service again

Warm regards

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our room at Holiday Inn was H-U-G-E!!! Very comfortable and everything worked to our satisfaction. Delicious burger at the restaurant at the hotel. The hotel is fairly new, so everything is in mint condition. Super value for the money..... and very conveniently located re. the Cross Sound Ferry to Long Island.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bertil-Brinko,

Thank you for recognizing the oversize brand new rooms, restaurant & super duper friendly staff. We appreciate your time. We are a downtown hotel, also closet to Ferry.

Thanks again & hope to be at your service in near future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay at HI properties at least 80 nights per year. Really???? .... This is a newly renovated hotel. The rooms are nothing special. I had dinner at the bar. When i received a hand written bill I told the server I was going to charge to my room. Not a special request. She was confused and had her manager do it. When I finally got the bill, they added an 18% tip to the bill. NOT something any Holiday Inn has ever done, I was by myself. I always leave a 20% tip, however thought it odd they would automatically add a tip AND show an empty line for me to add more.

Breakfast was not so good. I paid over $9.00 for dry cereal and yogurt. They didn't have low fat milk. The coffee was weak and the service was terrible.

Next time I'm in New London I will stay at a HI Express. This place is managed poorly to say the least. And when the hotel management reads my review they need not reply. It won't help...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Amit R, General Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear steve375,

Thank you for your time for this review. We recently finish our multi million renovation. We appreciate you are recognizing our product is at par with all the hotels you been to.

I am terribly sorry for the experience in the hotel bar, rest assured it's not something normal we do here. We are taking your comments very seriously & working on fixing the issue with the line level associate.

We truly patronage your business & hope to be at your service again.

Warm regards

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were an hour early for our check-in and asked where we could find lunch. We had two children with us. The girl at the counter did not have a clue what was available outside of the hotel. The area is quite dismal. Also, my husband nearly was badly hurt when he sat in the desk chair in our room and fell over backwards because the chair was not put together properly. Fortunately, he was not hurt. He is 75 years old. The breakfast in the morning was good, but the lone waitress was overwhelmed. She was very good, but she could only do so much. It was also an expensive breakfast. We were just passing through the area, but I don't expect I would stay at your hotel again. Also, there was no room darkening shade. The light beamed in early and the clock did not work.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Amit R, Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

I'm truly sorry to hear that there were aspects of your stay that were not satisfactory. We are working with the housekeeping and maintenance department to investigate these issues and make sure this does not happen in the future. All of our rooms have room darkening shades and we will be sure to check if there are any inconsistancies.

Thank you again for this feedback. We are constantly looking to improve our service and this information in very valuable to this effort. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed for two night in august 2013.the hotel was already completed,my room was good and wide.the problem was the fact that the hotel was extremely expensive if we think that new london isn't london o new york.furthemore breakfast wasn't even included and this is a shame.at the reception i found a Young black girl pretty cold and not much helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank daniele c

I'm truly sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations for the value of our hotel. As a Holiday Inn Standard, we offer free breakfast for kids staying at our facility.

Thank you again for this feedback. This information in very valuable to us. We hope to better serve you and our other guests in the future.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel! As a frequent traveler, I feel that a room is basically, a room. What a treat to have a newly renovated room. I almost felt like I could walk around in my bare feet, as the carpets are all new.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank quackle

We are very happy to hear about your experience at our facility. We take pride in our newly renovated space and love that you have expressed your satisfaction!

We look forward to having you stay with us in the future!
Thank you.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights (our friends stayed three) from August 8-10th mostly for the convenience of the location to the ferry to Long Island. I would like to give this hotel a better rating because it was clean and updated. The bed was actually very, very comfortable with your choice of two different pillows to use. I slept great. The ammenities at the hotel were great also for the price. They have an indoor pool, small fitness room and restaurant/bar onsite. The restaurant/bar is where the problem lies. The second night at the bar the staff seemed completely overwhelmed at times. People waiting, phones ringing, dirty dishes everywhere. There was 18 of us in all so maybe it was a bit much all at one. However, breakfast was even worse. I mean THE worst. First I'd like to say the waitstaff (it seemed one waitress and another gentlemen trying to help out) was great and absolutely do not blame them for this. They were professional and polite and were doing the best they could do. This is managements fault. Including us and another large group of guests who were there for a wedding and additional guests all eating breakfast during the morning there was ONE waitress. I felt so bad for her. No one there to even clean tables from the previous guests. We had no where to sit. Absolutely every table was a mess even though most were unoccupied. We did find a high top table in the bar area and one of our friends actually got us the coffee, tea and utensil set ups. Again, not the waitress fault. She was out straight. Why would they have one waitress knowing your hotel was quite booked. In all, the experience wasn't that bad and we'd probably stay there again, but I would certainly look elsewhere for dining.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mz_kitty2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Mz_kitty2013,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with our facilities. Please accept our apologies that we fell short of your expectations with your dining experience. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to make your next stay as best as it can be.

Karen C

Hampton Inn - Groton
Hampton Inn - Groton
#2 of 14 in Groton
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area? Share your experiences!