“Now under a new name”

Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in New London
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Staying at this hotel with a large group for a reunion. On checking in I was daunted with notice from the front desk ckerk that I would be charged a day's rate for being late checking in. I arrived on the correct day and they have screwed up my reservations. They say they will fix it by the time I chekcout. We'll see. The hotel has just changed to a Holiday Inn. It looks like remodeling has been done. The room is large and well equipped - except for the refrigerator and microwave that were promised. Maybe this is part of the start up problems. we did a good group rate for the rooms. The banquet rooms are maybe average at best. The hotel is in the center of New London and just off of the water. No great complaints or great kudos for this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cjw_9
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear cjw_9,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to New London.

Karen G.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

The only work I saw was one morning they were still pulling some network wire in the bar/restaurant area. I had lunch there -- a guinness and a chicken wrap and the sandwich was good. The room was clean, and pretty much new. Bed was new, sheets were clean. Good water pressure. Nothing to complain about at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mark f
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stay away from this place until everything is done. They couldn't find my reservation, wanted to charge more than the quoted price, told me after I had checked in and paid that there was no water, my room was only sort-of clean (bathroom especially not clean) the room across the hall from me was trashed; holes in the walls, fixtures torn out... none of the ice machines worked; packets of coffee but no coffee maker, only about 3 rooms of guests, one of which was college age boys who ran up and down the hall shouting and carousing at 3:00 a.m. Lobby coffee very reluctantly supplied after I asked twice; they couldn't print a receipt for me and told me they would email it (but never got it) Water briefly back on in the evening but when I ran the water in the tub it stayed pure black...toilet didn't flush well. Really horrid...should be shut down until ready. Will never, ever, ever go back there. Stayed 3/30/13

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank CynthiaW403
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear CynthiaW403,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are deeply sorry for the issues you had at check-in and the service you received was less than satisfactory. We also apologize for the room accommodations you received and any inconvenience the noise may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We have sent you a private message to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My bed smelled like the sheets were washed with a package of cigarettes,paint peeling on ceiling of bathroom & tv didn't work. Yes they are going thru renovations but it was dicussing. We have stayed there before but nothing like what it was like this time. I hope when Holiday Inn takes over it's much better

Room Tip: Don't stay here till it changes ownership!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rosemuff

Dear rosemuff,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the bathroom condition and room amenities. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The New London Plaza used to be the Radisson and soon will be the Holiday Inn. As of March 3, 2013, there is still construction going on, and the pool and the restaurant are closed. Call if you want to stay there; don't use online reservation sites, which are confused about what kind of hotel this is.

The staff was a bit confused. They told us there would be no breakfast, because of the construction, but then in the morning there was breakfast in the lobby. Our telephone did not work, and there was no coffeepot in our room, nor could they find one to put there. The parts of the hotel where the construction is finished looked very nice, and I think this will be a good place to stay once the construction is done and the staff are better trained. The price was excellent. Perhaps they know we deserve a break because of the construction.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken O
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2013

Dear Ken O,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the over all issues you had during your stay and any inconvenience you may have experienced. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-experience service to our guests. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

On a girls weekend we stayed here. We got in around 8pm, the lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. We took the shuttle to the casino, the driver was great! He was friendly and very helpful! The beds were super comfy! It's definitely a good pick!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Hoguegirl
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I chose this hotel because my daughter and I were catching an early train the next morning. A description of the hotel indicated it was recently renovated however, the renovations were still going on and the advertised restaurant was not in existence. On first glance it looked like an unused building.
While the guest room was nicely furnished the thermostat read 53 degrees when we entered. After 20 minutes of trying to get the room warmed up I went to the front desk. A hotel employee came up and fiddled with the heater, finally getting it going. Once it began giving off some heat he left for the evening. The temperature in the room got to 61 degrees. During the night the heater went off again. In the morning the room was 53 once more. We dressed in haste and went to the lobby for heat and the pastries and coffee we were told would be available. Pastries were nowhere in sight. To top it all off, we were charged twice on our credit card!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Hollowite,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel regarding your stay with us.

I am truly sorry to hear your issues with the air conditioning system during your visit. Let me take this opportunity to apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. I assure you that this is not the standard in our property and we will ensure that these points will be addressed accordingly.

It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Dhan M

Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Holiday Inn Express Mystic

Been to Holiday Inn New London - Mystic Area? Share your experiences!