“The state did a great job restoring this park”

Fort Trumbull State Park
Ranked #2 of 36 things to do in New London
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This park offers you a lot of history on New London's past. It is now quite a tranquil place but from it's history has seen many battles. Check it out if you're in the area.

All reviews
"on display"
"labor day"
"walk around"

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I forced my husband to drive all the way to Fort Trumbull from JFK Airport and we were both glad we went. I wanted to go because I love forts and I love history. The fort was well-maintained and the staff was friendly. There is parking near the fort. I wish we had known this before we went as we parked very far away from the fort and my shoes werent very comfortable that day. The views from the fort were unbelievable.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

you see the river from the lighthouse to the beidge. There's a lot of activity on the river. You can see New London like it must have looked in the nineteenth century. The Groton Monument has so much to tell. The buildings at Pfizer look empty and deserted. I like that best of all

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Always a fun place for a hike or a day with the family, if you enjoy being outdoors. Lots of History, Fishing.