“Horrific first and last time!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Recovery Room
Ranked #6 of 142 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrific first and last time!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

This place came recommended.My girlfriend and I walked in decided to sit at the bar. The mid-aged RUDE woman working the bar stood there with her back turned for a good 5 minutes texting on her phone. Needless to say we are on our lunch hour then she proceeded to cash out two takeout orders we were finally acknowledged I had got a soda water and my friend got a coke I was so disgusted when I noticed she used her hand to scoop my ice into my glass. At this point I wanted to leave but was so hungry and had a long day ahead. We asked her what was the most popular salad she said THERE ALL GOOD and then continued to text. We each choose the chop pasta salad and a foccocia bread my salad was good my friend took one bit and bit into what seem like sand bad batch of lettuce we were toldso she took one Togo lunch hr up. She was still charged for her salad. I ran to the bathroom before we left when I heard a older man speaking so rudely to the waitress the poor girl was almost in tears not acceptable. (With a full dining rm) come to find out he was the owner and the woman was the manager I couldn't believe the unprofessional atmosphere that I experienced never again take a business run the business!!

1 Thank Funny2be

RI
“YUMMMMY! Bring your appetite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Cute little place. 6 of us were in for dinner and the portions are HUGE!! The Fried Calamari was nice, crispy and tender with a nice cream sauce (HOT peppers were indeed hot). The Chopped Pasta Salad was big enough for all 6 of us to share and then some. My Veal "Federal Hill" was good, very thin, tender, but too much pasta sauce. All and all a great night out that won't break the piggy bank.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New London, Connecticut
“Non Consistent”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

I have given this place more tries than I normally would have. Their food is very inconsistent, they are very forgetful and simply cannot follow instructions. Salads to go are not fresh, they are refrigerated and added to when an order is placed. Any chef that does not know how to slice tuna, really needs to be going to culinary school. The Ahi Tuna salad from Recovery room is simply butchered and not edible. Totally done with this place....

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Norwich,Ct
“gotten much more expensive over past yr”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

The food is always great;service is acceptable.Always have to wait for a table on weekends.The salads have gone up in some cases by 2 dollars.My husband still says you can't get a better pizza anywhere.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mount Vernon, NY
“Excellent pizzas and large, tasty salads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We go there often for pizza and salads. Recommended, but can get crowded, so there may be a wait, and they don't stay open too late.

Visited October 2012