“Except for the food, an absolutely ridiculous experience!”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #74 of 152 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Reviewed February 25, 2012

First, let me say that the food is as you would expect. No complaints, it's Chili's and it was the same quality as any other Chili's that I've visited.

What was awful was the service. We were seated right away and our drink and appetizer order taken quickly. We gave our dinner order about 10 minutes after. That's where the decent service stopped. Our meals came out before the appetizers, without explanation and just a single apology. They did not even ask if we still wanted the appetizers. We would've canceled if we could, but our waitress never returned to apologize or explain. Someone else delivered the delayed appetizers. We were miffed.

After that, we could not get our waitress's attention if we stood up and danced on the table. We even tried to waive down the manager who appeared to stare right through us. Ultimately, as we were getting up to go to the bar ourselves for a soda refresh, our waitress offered refills. Unfortunately, she forgot about the refills and apparently our table in general until she returned with the check.

Overall, this was a horrible experience, even for a chain restaurant. If there's another Chili's in the area, I would recommend going there.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

Nothing really spectacular to say about this restaurant. Had chicken and beef fajitas and they were pretty good. Restaurant is in a secluded part of a strip mall.....not too crazy about that. Ok place for dinner if you are close and getting into town late...but wouldn't go out of my way to eat there.

2  Thank missliss29
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband & ordered fajita's tonight and the black beans were ice cold; guacamoli tasted old; flour tortilla's & canister smelled of cleaning fluid and drinks were never refilled. When supervisor came over he acted extremely defensive with his chest puffed up! We explained the issues and again he was defensive and made excuses. He tried to resolve the issues but came up way short. Does this manager know HE has to be a people person --- he has a personality of a toolbox and should be workin on cars instead of working with customers. Never again !!!!

1  Thank Tammy B
Reviewed October 4, 2009

we have visited about ten of this chain of restaurants in New England Florida and Nevada and i would say that we have not had a bad meal yet.
Visited this one this year (2009) and had a great meal with good service !

Reviewed August 17, 2009

I went here as I had gotten into town late (staying at the Holiday Inn) and did not feel like eating Outback Steakhouse. I got take out and took it back to the hotel. It was gross though. I know I wasn't expecting anything great, it is afterall Chili's.. but decent would have been good. Maybe it was because I got take out? Maybe the food does not travel well? I am turned off by Chili's. The waitress at the take out counter could have been a bit more hospitable. She clearly hated her job. She wasn't rude but she didn't look like a happy camper.