“Not what I expected.”

Hamilton Street Market
Ranked #61 of 147 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed December 30, 2012

After all the reviews from this place, I was surprised by what I found. The sandwiches are in fact huge, a small was in fact huge and way more than I needed or wanted. The sandwiches themselves are nothing special. The bread is good and it is piled high with pretty standard ham and cheese, lettuce and a lot of iceberg lettuce. Everything else costs extra. The chili was basic meet and beans and was microwaved to warm it up. The total for two smalls and a chili was more than $17 and not worth it. The hygiene was questionable as the person making the sandwiches was also handling the money among other things without any washing or gloves. This is my only time there so for all I know it was an off day. "Size does matter" but quality is nice too.

There are newer reviews for Hamilton Street Market

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Listen when I tell you, a small grinder is for two people unless you are REALLY hungry! Their large grinder can easily feed three people, or four women. (that doesn't sound right somehow) Anyhow, the point is, you truly get your monies worth at this place that serves breakfast all hours they're open. The only down side is they only have two tables to sit down and have a meal inside. People usually just get take-out. They probably do the best take-out business in all New London. Drive by slowly, or else you'll miss them.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

The grinders are outstanding, the salads are delicious, the catering is wonderful. I have had a little of just about everything here. I called to have a pan of sausage and peppers and they made it for me that day...no problem! Willing to accomodate special requests and very nice. Next get together I will defintely use HSM to do catering for it!

1  Thank Vacationloverct