“A Gem on the Thames”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This restaurant has become a second home to my family, friends, and me. Stash and his committed staff go above and beyond to make sure their customers have a memorable experience, which is why we will continue to make this place our destination for family dinners, birthdays, engagement parties, showers, and funeral receptions. I've never seen an owner more passionate about his place of business. Besides the exceptional food and water views, the reason we love this place so much because the staff and Stash's family are warm and personable; they go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy. Years from now, I will always remember this spot for the many wonderful meals and memories that we have created at On the Waterfront. If you are coming to New London, you will not have an authentic Whaling City experience, until you've come to "The Front".

1  Thank Marceline M

Reviewed August 24, 2014

My wife and I always enjoy the time we have at On The Waterfront. Well worth the dinning experience. Love the steaks and sea food. The Italian food is to die for. Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank ao8752
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Went in to the restaurant on a Wednesday afternoon and sat at the bar for lunch....had a very pleasant funny bartender,very knowledgable about the menu just fun to be around(Nicole)....lobster bisque was out of this world....definitely a place I would go back to with friends and family.....

1  Thank Ann C
Reviewed August 24, 2014

I was saddened to read the above mentioned reviews. On the waterfront is consistently great from food to service. It's river view dining is an experience like none other. People should understand that you cannot base the quality of a restaurant on one dippy waitress. I would recommend this establishment with the highest regards. My dining experience was superb from the minute I walked in the door. The blond hostess was so pleasant and they accommodated us immediately. Every table has an excellent view of the river. My meal was excellent and it was nice to see the owner and his family all involved in the restaurant. The portions were huge and the prices reasonable. Thumbs up from this customer.

1  Thank Deezy33
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband,son and I went in for an early dinner, we were told to seat ourselves. A waitress finally came over after seating another family. ( mind you, including us that made three tables.)We had to wait for drinks, our waitress treated us like we were bothering her, and to top it off while we were the last people in the dining room finished with our dinners, no drinks, and no water our waitress finally comes back and told us she had went home to walk her dog. On the other hand the food was good, but the portions were small.

6  Thank Kelly B