Review Highlights
Visited a lovely beach wedding...lovely beach!

Reviewed October 8, 2018
Robyn75
Massachusetts
Nice Sunday experience, labor day wknd

Reviewed September 18, 2018
D B
towanda

All reviews mini golf water slides kiddie rides splash pad olympic size pool life guards board walk nice boardwalk off season car show carnival rides on duty nature trail volleyball nets clean facilities monday night food options
Reviewed October 8, 2018

We were fortunate to attend a wedding on the beach and fell in love with it there. It is lovely and we enjoyed seeing the lighthouse in the harbor along with the ship activity. We also enjoyed a lovely reception there at the beach facilities. The staff was great! We will return!

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Maybe out of season for late september but run down facility not even worth getting out of the car
Arcade closed during the week
The kid ride area looks terrible

Reviewed September 18, 2018

First beach play for a 2yr old GD, nice quiet beach with little play area with splash pad. Nice sand that you are accustomed to on a N.E. beach. Just a good time for all. Yes they charge for parking, who doesn't?

Reviewed September 8, 2018

I live in nearby Groton and go there from time to time. It's a large clean beach, with a boardwalk, with plenty of parking. Very good for anyone who likes to hang out on the beach, spend time with friends and family ... A top spot!

Reviewed September 4, 2018

My husband and our two daughters aged eight and one visited Ocean Park for Labor Day (September 3rd, 2018) and I was appalled at how terrible this place is. We are beach people and this beach is extremely subpar. The carnival rides are old and rickety, the pool and waterslides (that don't look safe or stable) are separate facilities and cost extra, the concession area is gross and filled with flies all over the booths, even the area to clean your feet barely works and is filled with mud and gross items such as cigarettes. The worst part is there is an over abundance of bees at this "park" if you are allergic, DO NOT COME HERE!! my infant daughter and I were attacked by a swarm of bees as we tried to eat a snack! I am lucky she was not hurt. My husband was also attacked after he threw an item in the trash can! I have been to MANY beaches and I know they are outside attractions, but I have NEVER encountered this many bees! After driving over an hour to get here, I was ready to go in under that, and extremely disappointed. We won't be back, and the owner's should be ashamed of the way they advertise this place. All the money you spend, where does it go? Because it certainly does not go toward park upkeep.

Reviewed September 4, 2018

From Nancy in the booth when we arrived, to the young man cleaning the parking lot as we departed, it seems everyone we encountered was very helpful. We got there early ish (1045 am) and got a great spot on the beach on a holiday weekend! Rotating lifeguards were helpful and kept the swimmers from going too far out. The only thing i wished they had were vending machines, or more "stations", for beverages. Had to wait in the ice cream line for water because I ran out. Nonetheless, a great time at a great beach!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

Every visit to ocean beach has been a pleasure. The staff is awesome and accommodating. Especially the girl Nancy in the parking booth!

Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I hated it! The reviews and the photos and Facebook really hyped this place up. I should have dug deeper into the reviews.

Place is run down. Bathrooms were gross. I didn’t want to touch anything! Changing room (way on other side of boardwalk) were not any better.

Rides looked decrepit. Water slides admission had odd hours of acceptance in two hour blocks.

Beach was dirty. Loads of cig butts, trash, food bits. No way the sand is sifted.

Smoking happening everywhere.

Loud, obnoxious, foul music being played. Not exactly family friendly.

Balls/frisbees being thrown. Watch out!

Tables near ice cream were filthy. Have not been cleaned or hosed down in some time.

Ordered 2 large dipping dots ice creams. First two flavor choices were out. Received smalls. Staff was incredibly rude.

I came home and took a shower because it felt gross being there.

3  Thank 6happyhikers
Reviewed August 28, 2018

Yeah I get it, if you bring four people, it's cheap per person but I went by myself, so $17 to park even on a weekday is pricey. If it's so not a big deal, I don't get why they don't just charge per person, someone is obviously benefiting from the the high rate and it isn't single goers. None of the rides were on (Tuesday 8/28/18), waterslides and splash park were active. I actually went there specifically for the pool but it was closed (someone said they didn't have enough life guards) so that was really disappointing. The beach was very clean, very beautiful, the water was quite clear and just a few tufts of seaweed here and there but so many baby jellyfish it was gross, I was hitting them with each swim stroke. They don't sting you but some give me some skin irritation. Overall a very nice day except for the pool being closed, that was a huge disappointment. I didn't use the facilities as I'd been to Hammonasset the previous week and they were so smelly and wet I was repulsed. Easier to just hit a gas station on the way home. Beach wasn't too crowded where I sat, very very nice people all around me, noone smoking or playing loud music, very scenic with boats going by and rocks, super nice sand. I would like to go again specifically for the pool and really hope it will be open, it's really nice! If not, I would be happy to visit the beach part again.

2  Thank Tiffany H
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay here. There is a nice boardwalk, pool and water slides, splash park for children under 8. Carousel and other rides for $2-3 each or if you buy tokens 30 tokens for $20. On Mondays after 5 you can get a wristband for $9.99 unlimited rides. Rides are serviced buy a company and staff is friendly. Would have wanted to see wristbands offered every day so you are not limited to ride. Kids are tired after 5! There is also mini golf for $7 pp. You pay for parking daily and it’s non-refundable, which is not fair of you want to go out for lunch since they only have two places to get food and the line took about 40 min one day when the second person did not show to work. Menu is limited and expensive. I would definitely bring a cooler next time. There is no chair and umbrella rental so have to bring own. This was one of our favorite beaches as we have a young child.