“Um...no.”
Review of Ocean Beach Park

Ocean Beach Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Fun & Games in New London
More attraction details
Owner description: New England's finest beach and boardwalk attractions including mini golf course, rides, water slides, kiddy spray park, olympic pool, arcade, gift shop, food concessions, cafe with restaurant, banquet and catering facilities, picnic area, health club, nature walk
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I grew up going to Ocean Beach. When I come back to visit family in Connecticut I love to find a place to listen to the ocean and dip my toes in the water for a few hours. I thought Ocean Beach would be a great place to take my landlocked Midwestern-raised kids, but I was wrong. The $20 parking (weekend fee) seemed extreme, but I paid it since I couldn't think of another public beach to head to at that moment. The place is just run down and there is just no other way to put it. I would have liked to rate it highly for old times' sake, but next visit I will be asking relatives where else I can take the kids that would be a bit more pleasant and less depressing. Best part was leaving and ending up at Fred's Shanty for fried clams!

All reviews
"new england"
in 11 reviews
"snack bar"

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Not crowded. Comfortable. Parking fee $15. Water slides ok. Food choices not great.
If you want some sun, a clean ocean and not have to step over other bodies. a good half day trip.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Yes, this is where the Atlantic Ocean meets Long Island Sound but this is a city beach. It is full of kids in the summer and it is loud - not quiet and tranquil. There is a swimming pool for those who don't like the beach so that's a nice option.

1  Thank MM8803
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We went today 8.9.12... I was shocked at how horrible this place was. Parking $15 and the so called rides are a joke.. Don't work.. Don't look safe.. And not even open by 11am.. There are ALOT of shady characters lurking around... Did not feel safe with my 2 small kids... The spray ground is nothing.. The water slides are additional and weren't open... I wouldn't eat the food or step into the joke of an arcade if it were free. How DARE they describe this place the way they do online and in the brochures. I'm upset I wasted time and parking money on this dump. We turned around and left after 20min. It should be shut down!

3  Thank NickMc0308