“EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS!”

Add it.
Dagwood's Kansas City BBQ
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our group (6) was in New London for a USCG ship's reunion and decided to try this place. Well, I didn't know they only had outdoor seating (some picnic tables) but we decided to pick up some food to try. Wow!! So glad we stopped! We got there a little after closing time (7 pm) but the Open sign was still on so we went in. The owner(s) were thrilled to see us and since they still had some food they "weren't going to let us go home hungry". He had made extra that day and was almost out so their place must be catching on. (I hear it's pretty new.) The ribs were fantastic - meaty, tasty and with extra sauce on the side so you can decide how much of it you need to add. Their beans with meat was excellent too and I can only take so many baked beans usually. Friends in our group had the pulled pork - also very good and someone else had the chicken - very tasty. The owners even gave extra chicken to make sure we were all well fed. They treated us like family - it was fabulous. My only regret is that I didn't try the cookies. I hope I get back to New London soon. Locals, better try this place now before it gets mobbed when people find out about it. Go early.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My family stopped by Dagwood's for barbeque on the advice of our son, who lives a few blocks away. It is pretty much soley takeout (only two stools at the window counter). We ordererd ribs for three, 2 pulled pork sandwiches with slaw, a side order of beans with meat, and for my husband, a giant chocolate chunk cookie with salt crystals on top. While we waited, I reminised with one of the owners about our mutual old stomp'in grounds in Kansas. We went back to our son's apartment for dinner and beer. The ribs were excellent, saucy like I like them. The beans and pulled pork side was equally good; thats coming from a family that knows its beans from wagon train days. The buns were totally soggy with the pork and addition of the slaw; really an eat it with a spoon version, but good. The giant cookie had a soft center that to my husband needed to be still rebaked when we got back to our own home later that night. He liked the flavor and the salt sprinked on top of it. The price was right for ample food for three. We would definitely go to Dagwood's again, but probably not order the sandwich with slaw. I would definitely try the 16oz container of pulled pork, bean, and slaw "slumgolyum" they offer. I'd also like to try some of the cookie flavors in small versions. For the kiddies, there is also a wall of "penny" candy jars.

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I have been to Dagwood's BBQ about 4 times in the last 2 weeks. The building was empty for about a year and I usually drive by fast and it took me two months to realize that Dagwood's BBQ has opened there. Dagwood's doesn't have a large menu selection - but that is OK!! What they have on the menu is excellent!! The BBQ sauce that they use is exceptional. The ribs are tender and have a real smoke flavoring, Their sides are also very good. They serve pork and beef brisket sandwiches, and Leg and Thigh BBQ Chicken. I have not gotten the sandwiches or the chicken because the only words I can say when I go in there is Half a Rack of Ribs please!! I got there near closing tonight and they didn't have any ribs left so I got the Dagwood's Dabbler, a combination of pulled pork, BBQ sauce, beans, cole slaw and pickles in a 16oz container. It was great!! I can't wait until I can get ribs there again.

1  Thank Rick T
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Every thing I have tried at Dagwoods haws been out of this world. The ribs are so tender and with that true smokey taste and home made bbq sauce (pig perfume) they are truly something to savor. Chocolate chip cookies are orgasmic!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friends and I just kept saying MMMMMMMM

Reviewed January 12, 2012

If you're like BBQ then Dagwood's will be your new best friend. The food is as good as it gets. I have been very luck to see a great deal of this country and there is just no where around here that can compete with this.

The place oozes old fashioned hospitality with a great retro vibe. It's got a 50's lunch counter kind of feel where you pull up a stool and a piece of counter and either chow down or take a bag of deliciousness home to savor.

I had a pulled pork sandwich, baked beans, and a cookie. The pulled pork is served the right way totally sauceless allowing you to sauce it to your liking! Not sitting in BBQ sauce all day like most places. The pork was lean (not fatty at all) and tender and melted in your mouth and the sauce is fantastic just the right hints of sweet and savory.

The baked beans (you can get with or without meat I got mine with) are honestly the best I have ever had! They come in 2 very generous sizes. You should go with the bigger size becuase you're going to want more for sure!

The cookies (made fresh in house like everything else) were great! Huge and so down home and comfy. The whole place is the very definition of comfort food.

So go down to Dagwood's today and take home some of the best BBQ you've had.

1  Thank vaca_bound77