“Awesome Bratwurst”

Kamp Dog
Ranked #16 of 147 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place was fantastic! It's a little dive right down the road from the highway exit. It's really the only reason we drove through New London on our road trip. We went there first thing in the morning before heading back onto the road. I ordered the Bratwurst with peppers and onions and Mum ordered a Western omelet. The owner was charmingly sarcastic and quick with our to go order. The brat was fantastic, the peppers and onions perfect! Mum's omelet was huge! 4 eggs and loaded with ham, bacon, onions, and cheese! He had to fold it in half to fit in the takeout container! Also delicious! Next road trip we'll be stopping there again!

There are newer reviews for Kamp Dog

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently found ourselves in New London again & couldn't wait to share this gem with family members. Breakfast is outstanding. On our last visit I found The Porker delicious, but a little more than I could handle. A beautiful breakfast sandwich on a wonderful hard roll consisting of one egg, bacon & cheese was just right. Our brother ordered a cheese omelet with a side of potatoes. The potatoes were delicious. He said the omelet was full of cheese & outstanding. Other members of the family ordered blueberry pancakes - the size of a medium pizza pan! They were full of blueberries & quite delicious. Everything was incredible & the prices cannot be beat. By the way, his lunch lineup looks equally outstanding. Wish we lived closer.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I love this place. The food is fantastic! Large portions, everything tastes great, very reasonably priced. Conveniently located across from the courthouse next to Fiddleheads, there's parking on the side.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you want a hearty breakfast, this is the place to go with reasonable prices. I always get the Porker. Bacon, ham, sausage, eggs and cheese on a hard roll. I've had the Porker in a burrito as well, just as good. I don't think you can go wrong with this place. Ken is always friendly with a smart remark and is always open for ideas for new breakfasts! Don't judge a book by its cover.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have heard about this place for sometime, so have been wanting to try it and see if all the raves were well earned. Yes, on all accounts! KAMP DOG, in New London, just across the street from the Courthouse, and tucked beside Fiddlehead's Market.
Our hotdogs were great. The place is a little worn on the inside, but clean. I got take-out; (3) regular hot dogs grilled and placed on toasted buns. Yummy!! They have (5) kinds of mustard, and (2) types of relish, along with a wide variety of toppings. The people were very friendly and willing to let me even sample the toppings. They also offer breakfast, which we need to try at a future date.
I think these are some of the best "dogs" we have had in a long time. Would definitely go back, and soon!