“What a delightful find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kamp Dog

Kamp Dog
Ranked #18 of 143 Restaurants in New London
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Shoreline Connecticut
“What a delightful find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

We have heard about this place for sometime, so have been wanting to try it and see if all the raves were well earned. Yes, on all accounts! KAMP DOG, in New London, just across the street from the Courthouse, and tucked beside Fiddlehead's Market.
Our hotdogs were great. The place is a little worn on the inside, but clean. I got take-out; (3) regular hot dogs grilled and placed on toasted buns. Yummy!! They have (5) kinds of mustard, and (2) types of relish, along with a wide variety of toppings. The people were very friendly and willing to let me even sample the toppings. They also offer breakfast, which we need to try at a future date.
I think these are some of the best "dogs" we have had in a long time. Would definitely go back, and soon!

• Visited November 2012

Maryland
“Gotta get the Georgia Red Hot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

Great little dive location!

I got the Georgia Red Hot and a cheeseburger.

The Red hot was huge and very spicy, it was awesome! The cheeseburger was ok, lots of cheese and the roll itself was really good, the burger itself just didn't have much flavor.

Staff was real nice. I really like being able to sit at the counter and watch them cook my food in front of me.

I got both the dog & burger plus a drink for $10.

If I lived close by, I would eat here way too much.

• Visited April 2012
Boise, Idaho
“Good corn dogs: need to be a little thinner or cook longer? so not gooey inside”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2012

My kids always want to go to this place. It's next door to one of my favorite places to go also.

The guy who owns it is always friendly, his dad is too, who is sometimes at a table eating when I go by.

The corn dogs are HUGE, & hand made, but it's hard for all the dough to get completely cooked closest to the center of the hot dog. We've had them a few times.

I don't know if piercing the crust during cooking would help or if they just need to be reminded to cook the corn dog til it's just on the verge of burning to give it the best chance of the batter being thoroughly cooked... I keep forgetting to say something. It's good enough that I just happily eat around the part that's too doughy and pick that part off. It's good and hot too.

• Visited January 2012
Waterford, Connecticut
“surprising good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

had the chili which was very spicy and a tuna sandwich that was very filling and good.

Visited June 2011
New London CT
“Perfect Breakfast and Lunch on the Run”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2012

Been there a million times so far, never disappointed, sometimes amazed. You can sit at the counter and watch Ken create perfect breakfasts or lunches, made to order. Some of his menu items are too weighty for me but I've seen younger folks eagerly consume his gigantic omlets, pancakes and other belly busters. Great hot dog selection, burgers, deli sandwiches, etc, etc. Road food atmosphere with great rock on the radio.

• Visited March 2012