“Good value”

Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New London
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We only spent one night here, but it was well worth the value! Clean, quiet, large room, free wifi - No breakfast so we weren't disappointed with packaged garbage. The room was well equipped, fridge & microwave, coffee maker, so if you're equipped, you're set.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Powershopper,

Thanks for the awesome review and we are happy to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for choosing us and I will pass on your comments to the team. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stopped at Red Roof for one night on our road trip throughout New England and it was a great stay. The front desk was friendly and found us a room even though we were a bit early for check in.

We had reserved a room with two fulls (could have been queens, but I believe they were full beds) and the room was large and clean. The bathroom was actually one of the nicest we had experienced on our trip so that was very welcomed!!!

Plenty of parking and well lit but it really filled up by the evening. That's a great sign!

There was a lot of restaurants in the area and being right off the highway it was an easy on and off. If we're in the area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Red Roof again.

Room Tip: The rooms were pretty solid, unlike other hotels we never heard a peep outside our room!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vixia
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Vixia,

Thanks! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Red Roof Inn New London CT.
We offer clean, comfortable rooms at a reasonable price. Our property also has a coffee bar, free Wi-Fi and Pet Welcome. What sets us apart from the rest is our team's dedication to you, our guest. Your positive comments about our Inn and our staff will be shared with them. Reviews such as yours are a great incentive for our team
Thanks again, and we'll see you again soon!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

One night stay, to sleep and shower and go after casinos. Room was clean, and TV was good with good channel choice, but there were negatives. Wifi (in back building) initially would not connect, then was very slow. (Perhaps it's better in the front building.) Beds were very low to the ground. Towels were on the small side (that was as per Red Roof norm, so was expected). Safe fee added if safe used or not asked to be taken off. Finally, a number of people were seen to come and go by local taxi, suggesting that there may be local folks here for extended stays, which doesn't bother me but may be of concern to some.

Dear Deejub,

Thank you for staying and sharing your experience at the Red Roof Inn New London CT. We truly appreciate your business with us.. We are sorry that this WI-FI affected your stay negatively but we will try to find out what it was and do our best to minimize the problem . We will continue to improve so that our guests will have a great experience when they stay with us . Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

A buddy and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for one night while spending a few days at Foxwoods and Mohegan Sun. We had stayed somewhere else for the first two nights and spent a Friday night at this location. The rate for a Friday night at this location was much cheaper than staying almost anywhere else. I had made the reservation for three nights originally. I was able to get a good rate at the Casino for the two weeknights, and was able to switch to just the one night. I called the the 1-800 number with the reservation and they made the change, including sending me an updated email with the reservation on it. Check in was a breeze. I forgot that I had requested extra pillows, and the lady reminded me of it. She stated that she tried her best to get some extra ones, but was not able to due to them being sold out that night. She was very pleasant and apologized numerous times. I informed her that it was not a big deal. You enter your room through your own door outside. We were on the 2nd floor, which was more than fine. The room was small, but served it's purpose for the night. The room was a little outdated, but was very clean, which is more important to me. The bathroom is very small, but the shower worked well. My bed was comfortable and my buddy stated that his was good as well. Very quiet place. We didn't get back to our room until around 3am after staying at the casino most of the night. Check out was easy and getting back on the interstate to head home was simple. I would highly recommend this place if you are looking for a lower priced place to stay within 15 minutes of the casino's. Foxwoods was going to cost over $300 for the night and we only paid $92 after taxes. No complaints here! As I said, I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank stetruth

Dear Stetruth,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our Inn during your recent trip to Casinos. My staff and I appreciate your comments and are pleased we were able to make your stay comfortable. Your positive comments about our Inn and our staff will be shared with them. Reviews such as yours are a great incentive for our team.. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Room was clean modern and tidy, had very fast wifi and a good AirCon. Beds and Pillows were comfortable. It was quiet and got a good night's sleep.

Location was chosen as it was close to the Cross Sound Ferry. There's plenty of restaurants and shopping within a short drive. The US Submarine base and museum is also close by.

The hotel didn't serve breakfast

It was a good, value for money stop-off on our road trip .... Would recommend.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank yahooholidays

Dear Yahooholidays,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the Red Roof Inn New London CT. At Red Roof we value our guest's feedback. Your positive comments will be shared with our team. Reviews such as yours are a great incentive for them.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Stayed here while we went to Mohegun Sun,
Would definetly stay again, had no problem with room and people at desk
were extremly polite and helpful. What i liked about it was there were no carpets
it was a wood floor.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Beannie1966,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Mystic New London Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Room was clean, beds comfortable and quiet. Needs some upgrade. Parking lot needs repaving.
Pile of old mattresses by dumpster. Staff was very nice and willing to help with anything you
needed. Not as new as last red roof I stayed in. Just needs cosmetic upgrades. Also I was
charged for an in room safe. If I had noticed it I would have questioned it. Charged for 1 whole
day and a portion of the next when we checked out by 9:00 a.m. at the latest.

Dear Paulacdale,

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn New London CT t! . Thank you for your honest feedback, both positive and negative, as your comments allow us to continue to maintain and improve the guest experience. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our friendly staff and clean room. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New London
Mohegan Sun
Mohegan Sun
#1 of 4 in Uncasville
Days Inn & Suites Groton Near the Casinos

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!