“Nice, Quiet and Clean Room, Good Value for the $$” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London

Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in New London
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Nice, Quiet and Clean Room, Good Value for the $$”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

We always enjoy staying at Red Roof Inns when we travel as we appreciate their pet friendly policy and that they are very good about offering a military discount. We stayed at this property 2 nights, while spending time at the sub base where my husband used to be stationed. It is a very quiet location, we felt very safe and the room was very clean. Everything was in good working order and the maid did a fine job in keeping the room clean during our stay. My only complaint would be the mattress, it slept like it was well past it's useful life, and upon inspection looked broken down at the corners. Other than that it was a very pleasant stay and a good value for the money.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear SouthwestTravelers,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am thrilled to hear that we are consistently delivering great guest service, and this review will be shared with the entire staff so they will know their efforts are being noticed! We look forward to serving you in the future, and you have a great day.

GM Dmitry Zilbershteyn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

From the outside, this Red Roof Inn is not much to be desired. It's in a difficult location and the surrounding area is just blah. However, the staff was very nice and helpful, and there was coffee and tea in the lobby. The rooms were recently renovated and were SO NICE! We had a new flat screen TV and it was very clean and tidy.

I didn't like the added $10 fee for the fridge and microwave. However, I would say, it was definitely worth the price. Plus they gave us a 15% off coupon for a future stay at Red Roof Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Chloe M

Thank you so much for your comments about our front desk staff! I am absolutely proud to have such a great team working for me here and consider our hotel very lucky. We do our best to welcome all types of guests to our hotel and we very much appreciate that we were able to provide you with such a pleasant stay.
I hope that the next time you visit the area that we will be able to provide you with an equally enjoyable stay.

Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night during a recent weekend trip to CT, and I was very surprised how much it has improved since my last stay a few years ago. The rate was very, very reasonable, and the room itself was nice. It had clearly been upgraded- new flat screen TV, new linens, even the bathroom looked to be renovated. It was very close to I-95, but we didn't hear any noise from the passing traffic during our stay. The bed wasn't very soft at all, but it was only one night, so we made do. And, yes, the entrance is a little odd, but it's just tucked off the main road.
Overall it was a great deal and I would surely stay there the next time I'm back in CT.

Room Tip: do request a room on the second floor
Dear Matanda28,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip through the area. We do our best to welcome all types of guests to our hotel and we very much appreciate that we were able to provide you with such a pleasant stay.

We are glad you liked the look of our new remodel as well!
I hope that the next time you visit New London CT you will keep us in mind!

Liberty, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was clean and not the worst we've seen when we've had to stay at a place in a pinch. We did notice squalid costumers that appeared to be living at this inn. It was only a one night stay, and uneventful. We were given the wrong information in regards to cab service to the Mohegan Sun casino, we were told it was a $30.00 round trip, and turned out to be nearly $80.00. Not sure we'll stay there again, probably not.

Dear Mister2528,

Thank you for taking the time to post a feedback of our property.We are very glad to know that we can provide excellent service and clean rooms.
I am truly sorry to hear your issues with the Taxi over charge.
It is only with both positive and negative feedback that we can strive to improve our service to our guests and I do hope that this incident will not deter you from staying with us in the future. Once again, thank you for your comments.

Clovis, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

This hotel is one of the most strange places we have ever stayed. First of all there is a tall sign to be seen from the highway, but when you get to the driveway you can't see the hotel at all and there is no sign to indicate that you are in the right place. We didn't even believe our GPS and passed right by. The lobby was tiny and untidy. The clerk seemed like she needed some sleep. The grounds are very unimpressive. Then we got to our room and it was very nice! Updated decor and furnishings and very clean. Nice and roomy. The bed was comfortable. We had a very pleasant stay. When we left the next morning we traveled down another creepy drive to get out. We can't figure out why, when the rooms are so nice, that the grounds and lobby are not. We wouldn't say don't stay there, but we wouldn't again. It was plainly weird.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LovinTheJourney
Dmitry Z, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear LovinTheJourney,

My sincere apologies for your recent experience at our hotel. I take these matters very seriously and it assists me and my staff to run a better hotel. . I'm so glad to see that you found our room good valued & clean.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

I needed to stay in New London, and would be arriving by train. The Holiday inn was central, but was twice the price of the Red Roof, which also got better reviews. It was about two miles from the Amtrak station, took me 35 minutes to walk. I had pre checked on google maps and there seemed to be a path all the way, and there was.

At check in, the girl (am old now, so won't use lady) didn't give a good impression, although she did take effort to explain where to go for breakfast in morning.

When I walked into the room, it wasn't smelly, nor did it look looked depressing (which is what I normally expect with a standard US motel). It was odourless, didn't have a stained smelly carpet, but a fake wooden floor and felt contemporary.

All I need for a good stay is:

Clean
Doesn't smell
They give me a quiet room (requested when booking made)
That you can't hear your neighbours
The shower has hot water and has good pressure
The wifi works at a decent speed and is free

The Red Roof ticked all the boxes, I did hear somebody close a door one of my two night stays (the motel didn't seem to be well occupied), so perhaps if its full there will be some noise, but while the place is basic, it gave me wanted I needed,

Would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank DVDUK
Dear DVDUK

Thank you for your compliments in regards to your stay at the Red Roof Inn New London CT.. I'm so glad to see that you found our place good valued & clean. We are working on upgrading our property step by step. Thank you again and give us another chance to serve you better.

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The room looked nicer in the pictures! I found that some rooms have refrigerators and microwaves but you have to pay extra for that!! The bed was very uncomfortable and the pillows were awful. The room had a horrible, stale odor as well. Definitely will not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HD4
Dear HD4

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review. I am truly sorry your stay was not a pleasant one. It is apparent from your comments we failed to meet your expectations in nearly every department. We certainly are responsible for ensuring not only our rooms are clean and well maintained, but that each guest receives five star service while they stay with us. I will share your comments with the entire staff. I assure you I will take the necessary steps to ensure other guests do not have the same experience.
We look forward to having you again in the near future!

Travelers are raving about these New London hotels

Rodeway Inn Waterford
#2 of 5 in Waterford
Hilton Garden Inn Mystic Groton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Uncasville

Been to Red Roof Inn Mystic - New London? Share your experiences!