“good food ... poor service”
Review of Mangetout - CLOSED

Mangetout
Cuisines: Healthy
Description: This is an organic restaurant. Lists food for people sensitive to gluten etc
Lebanon, Connecticut, United States
“good food ... poor service”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

my family went to this resturant in search of vegan fare ... the food was good but the service was terrible ... even though we were the only customers in the resturant ... the staff clearly forgot completely about one of our orders until they served the main course ... with the bearest of apologies they finally brought the "missing" main course as they were clearing the table ... don't go to this resturant in groups greater than two ... they can't handle it

• Visited September 2013

Mystic, Connecticut
“Vegetarian Amazingness!!!”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was working in Downtown New London for a few weeks and finally decided to give this place a try. I'm a strict vegetarian, and when I read the menu I had THE most difficult time deciding what to order because everything sounded delicious. I ended up ordering the Asian tofu slaw wrap and I have to say it was absolutely the best tofu and best wrap I've had EVER. I've been a vegetarian for 17 years so that's saying a lot. I will definitely be going back!!!

• Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Ontario
“Over priced”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stopped for late lunch/early dinner on our way home to NYC. The reason we picked this restaurant was because it advertised as having gluten free menu items. The restaurant did not offer much in the way of gluten free items as main courses. In fact, they had no bread whatsoever that was gluten free, so my husband was unable to have any of the wraps or burgers that were on the menu, unless he had them on lettuce instead. What he did order was a frittata with a side salad. The portion size was barely that which you would expect of an appetizer and the salad was nothing more than romaine lettuce with salad dressing. I had a turkey burger which was very tasty but came with no sides whatsoever. Our bill, which included a coffee and a soda came to $25 which we thought was absolutely exorbitant considering how inadequate the portions were and how unable the restaurant was to deliver gluten free alternatives that had been advertised when we searched online. We left feeling as though we had been ripped off. I would not recommend this restaurant. It was not good value for the money.

• Visited July 2013
“New London county's best restaurant for organic, gluten-free dining”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have always had excellent service and tasty freshly made food at Mangetout.. Organic and gluten free choices make it the perfect place for our family to dine.

• Visited March 2013
New London, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Did not live up to expectation”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I'm new to the area and have used tripadvisor in the past with good results. Recently I decided to give Mangetout a try based on the rave of reviews only to be surprised in a not so good way. I'm not a vegetarian, however I do enjoy good vegetarian good. I have to say I didn't find any here. Not impressed, I feel they have some areas that could certainly use improving.

• Visited March 2013