“No Pizza!”

2 Wives Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #22 of 148 Restaurants in New London
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 2Wives offers award winning brick oven pizza, fresh pasta, seafood, salads, paninis, home made desserts and a full bar. Our huge dining room with large windows and high ceilings has an open pizza kitchen and great ambiance. We cater and host private parties and after hours parties. Kids birthday parties are always welcome. Kids can make their own pizzas and even learn how to throw dough!
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Went for lunch here at the recommendation of folks at Ct. College. Walked in just before noon. 10 minutes before they took our order. No worries, we had time. At 12:30 started to get worried about making a 1:00 appointment. Noticed SEVERAL other tables asking where their pizza was. At 12:45 had to leave with no pizza. Turned out our order was never turned in. AWFUL service. Too bad, pizza looked good for those who eventually got it.

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Let me just start by saying the pizza and salads were very very good! We really were surprised by the food quality and would have granted a higher rating if not for other issues. The restaurant was very warm and could use a better air conditioning system. Despite the great quality of the food....the service was very slow and inconsistent. We were warmly greeted at the door and offered ice water by the friendly hostess but had to wait almost ten minutes before our server made his way to our table. After ordering drinks, it was a almost another ten minutes before we actually received them although we saw our server chatting and joking with the bartender for quite a while as well as with the other servers. Although we asked for our salads first, we watched as they sat in the window from the kitchen for yet another ten minutes as our server continually passed by without picking them up. They were eventually delivered only a few minutes before our pizza was ready. When we asked for refills on our water, our large glasses were replaced by tiny water glasses that were never again refilled.

Reviewed July 26, 2011

I went there with my wife, my two girls (ages 4 and 2) and some friends who have a one year old. Very accomodating with the kids. That's a must as a parent. The hostess brought a table-size sheet of paper and crayons for my kids. My friends recommended Matt's Pear pizza b/c they had a sample of it at a past food tasting in New London. It had a wonderful flavor and the crust was amazing. We also had a sausage and mushroom, my favorite and once again, YUM. My daughters had a paninni. They couldn't eat it all SOOO, I jumped at that also. Very good. Our waitress was very friendly and refrained from using the robot dialogue that you get at most franchise restaurants. We go to church around the corner from Two Wives and yes we'll be back....only thing I didn't like was the mirrors. I don't like looking at myself while eating. Maybe I'm just weird.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

We have always enjoyed this place since it opened. Dined there 6-7 times so far. Pizzas and paninis are delicious, great salads. Only complaint is the slow service - it aways seems to be slow. Wonder why. I've had to get up and find help quite a few times. But don't let that stop you from trying it. Also, great decor, reminds me of places in NYC.

Reviewed March 17, 2011

My first experience with 2-Wives Pizza was nothing more than wonderful! The service is wonderful, the staff there seem to love being there and the Pizza truly unique. Unlike some places, the proportion of sauce, to crust, to cheese, to toppings on their pizza's is pretty much perfect! They offer a wide variety of toppings to choose from as well. I only wish they made their Pizza sizes a bit bigger because 2 people could easily eat their largest, a 14" pizza! (Its that good!). Lastly, I think the prices are just right for this quality of Pizza! If your in the area do try it!