“What a vacation!!!”

and up
Connecticut Coast Sunset Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mystic Whaler Cruises offers day sails, Sunday brunch sails, lobster dinner cruises, and overnight sailing vacations of 2, 3, and 5 days, and private charters, on the waters of Southern New England in the summer and the Hudson River in the fall. Hosting groups as large as 52 during the day and more intimate groups of up to 24 overnight, Mystic Whaler Cruises offers you a piece of that old-world charm of tall ship sailing, with modern comforts and fabulous meals.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

First off Tripadvisor only gives the option of 5 circles or else I would have put up more....All I can say is I went off the dozens of great reviews this organization has received in order to make my decision and I'm so glad I did. The Captain and Crew were amazing, so helpful and friendly, it felt more like a cruise with friends than anything else.The food was amazing, in fact I'm still waiting for Pat to send some in the mail, she promised! The ship was wonderful as well, meticulously maintained and such a joy to be on. Met a lot of nice people and had a great time. Captain John's knowledge of the area and his talks were always a welcome part of the experience. The ports of call are varied depending upon conditions, but they were all fun and interesting and beautiful. I've never had a more relaxing vacation! If you are looking for a great time, whether it's a dinner cruise or one of the overnight excursions do not hesitate, you will not be disappointed.

3  Thank Nick M
"entire cruise"
"beautiful summer evening"
"excellent lunch"

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I purchased the Lobster cruise for my husbands birthday. We went out on Saturday, 8/3/13. The weather cooperated with us and we had a delightful sail. The crew are well trained, and everything went smoothly.

First course was RI chowder. Lots of clams and a great broth. Next came steamed lobster with drawn butter, coleslaw and rolls. Dessert was cheesecake with fresh peaches. Dining is alfresco topside. The only thing I would change is the choice of beverages. The lemonade needs an upgrade (Newman's maybe?) instead of powdered. And some fresh milk for coffee, which could easily be kept in the cooler on deck.

If he said it once, he said it ten times, my hubby loved it!

3  Thank Rukstelan
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We celebrated a part of a 35th wedding anniversary trip with a day trip sail. The food was great, the crew warm , friendly, and knowledgeable. We had a wonderful time. The only thing that would have made it better would have been to bring our whole family! The captain was very interesting and clearly knew maritime history as well as current oceanic events. Would recoment this trip to anyone; loved it!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I went on the lobster cruise recently and although it was only a 3 hour tour, it was amazing how thoroughly relaxing and entertaining the experience was. We parked ourselves near the captain and it enabled us to learn about the surrounding landmarks and history as well as learning a little about sailing. The crew was enthusiastic and the food delicious! For days afterward I basked in the relaxed atmosphere we had on board.

It was such a great experience, I am considering doing a longer cruise on the Mystic Whaler!

See more reviews
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Sailing on the Mystic Whaler was one of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences in my life! My sister had her wedding ceremony in September on the Mystic Whaler. We had the pleasure of sailing in the Baltimore area.

Captain John was awesome. His crew was also wonderful. They were all so friendly.

The schooner is beautiful and comfortable for sailing. It has a lot of room for walking around and exploring. The sleeping accomodations and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable.

The food they provided us while sailing was very delicious. The Clam Chowder deserves special recognition. It was amazing.

If you are looking for a relaxing time sailing with a wonderful crew then I highly recommend the Mystic Whaler Cruises.

1  Thank travellingguy84

Been to Mystic Whaler Cruises? Share your experiences!