“The Most Enjoyable Sailing Experience Ever!”

Mystic Whaler Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mystic Whaler Cruises offers day sails, Sunday brunch sails, lobster dinner cruises, and overnight sailing vacations of 2, 3, and 5 days, and private charters, on the waters of Southern New England in the summer and the Hudson River in the fall. Hosting groups as large as 52 during the day and more intimate groups of up to 24 overnight, Mystic Whaler Cruises offers you a piece of that old-world charm of tall ship sailing, with modern comforts and fabulous meals.
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“The Most Enjoyable Sailing Experience Ever!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Sailing on the Mystic Whaler was one of the most memorable and enjoyable experiences in my life! My sister had her wedding ceremony in September on the Mystic Whaler. We had the pleasure of sailing in the Baltimore area.

Captain John was awesome. His crew was also wonderful. They were all so friendly.

The schooner is beautiful and comfortable for sailing. It has a lot of room for walking around and exploring. The sleeping accomodations and bathrooms were very clean and comfortable.

The food they provided us while sailing was very delicious. The Clam Chowder deserves special recognition. It was amazing.

If you are looking for a relaxing time sailing with a wonderful crew then I highly recommend the Mystic Whaler Cruises.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank travellingguy84

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A perfect day trip in CT!”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Second time out on the Mystic Whaler and another fantastic experience. My first trip was a 3 day sail and I had so much fun, I decided to take my 7 nieces and nephews out for a day sail this past August. A huge thanks to Captain John, First Mate Andrew, Pat and David for making it a great day out at sea! The kids had a blast exploring the ship pand pretending to be pirates :) and we lucked out having shantyman David Littlefield serenading us with his delightful music. A "must do" experience for all ages! Thanks again!! Rosemary

2 Thank rosemary l
Windsor, Connecticut
“"Wonderful Experience"!!!!!”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I've always dreamed of going sailing. My husband and I had a day of tranquility, enjoying the views around us. Everyone was friendly, the crew were great and we even had music to help us relax even more.I would definitely do it again.

Ivette & Jose
Windsor, CT

North Brunswick, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“TnT - First Timers - 8/2012.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

All I can say is "Awesomeeee!" I booked the cruise on a whim. First time ever on a sail boat of any kind. Celebrating my boyfriends birthday. We're from Jersey and wanted to experience something new, relaxing, and exciting. This hit all of those points and many more. The crew is amazing. From professional to personable you can't beat them. They took time to answers questions, laughed with us and just added to the already fantastic voyage. The Captain is "The Man". His sense of humor and calm demeanor was so very welcoming. The cook put her foot in that meal for sure!!! I would recommend this experience to anyone - anyone at all. I can tell you we will surely come again - hopefully with a few friends in tow. Defininately worth every penny!

3 Thank Toni A
Nutley, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Scenic, tasty, wonderful!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Lobster Dinner Cruise my husband and I took this past weekend was amazing. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly, even willing to show you a thing or two about sailing. The food is awesome - although I do recommend sort of staking out a place to sit by getting there a little early - as eating a whole lobster while standing requires some crafty maneuvering. Beautiful sights, good food - worth a trip!

1 Thank kic106