“TnT - First Timers - 8/2012.”

Mystic Whaler Cruises
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mystic Whaler Cruises offers day sails, Sunday brunch sails, lobster dinner cruises, and overnight sailing vacations of 2, 3, and 5 days, and private charters, on the waters of Southern New England in the summer and the Hudson River in the fall. Hosting groups as large as 52 during the day and more intimate groups of up to 24 overnight, Mystic Whaler Cruises offers you a piece of that old-world charm of tall ship sailing, with modern comforts and fabulous meals.
North Brunswick, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“TnT - First Timers - 8/2012.”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

All I can say is "Awesomeeee!" I booked the cruise on a whim. First time ever on a sail boat of any kind. Celebrating my boyfriends birthday. We're from Jersey and wanted to experience something new, relaxing, and exciting. This hit all of those points and many more. The crew is amazing. From professional to personable you can't beat them. They took time to answers questions, laughed with us and just added to the already fantastic voyage. The Captain is "The Man". His sense of humor and calm demeanor was so very welcoming. The cook put her foot in that meal for sure!!! I would recommend this experience to anyone - anyone at all. I can tell you we will surely come again - hopefully with a few friends in tow. Defininately worth every penny!

Visited August 2012
3 Thank Toni A

Nutley, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Scenic, tasty, wonderful!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

The Lobster Dinner Cruise my husband and I took this past weekend was amazing. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable and friendly, even willing to show you a thing or two about sailing. The food is awesome - although I do recommend sort of staking out a place to sit by getting there a little early - as eating a whole lobster while standing requires some crafty maneuvering. Beautiful sights, good food - worth a trip!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank kic106
Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best dinner sail ANYWHERE”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My husband and I have been doing the lobster dinner cruise for years now and we always look forward to our annual trip up to Mystic especially for the occasion! Then recently we went on a sunset dinner sail while on our honeymoon in Hawaii. That experience solidified my commitment to the Mystic Whaler! It really made it clear to me (if I didn't already realize) how special the crew is aboard the Whaler. They are so WARM and GENUINE and they make you so comfortable and glad that you're there... As opposed to the crew aboard our sail in Hawaii, who were fine but clearly tired of saying the same spiel to a new group of tourists night after night. I think the positive, friendly, relaxed, genuine hospitality aboard the Mystic Whaler must trickle down from her terrific captain. He is a cool dude. And oh gosh I haven't even mentioned the food yet, have I? Ugh, I could go on and on...

Visited August 2011
1 Thank KatieCB
Warwick, RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Tall Ships Newport 2012”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

You can jump out of a plane, you can zip line through a forest, or you can sail the mighty sea aboard the Mystic Whaler! I am so happy I decided to go with the Mytic Whaler and her crew headed up by Capt. John. A slow pace of pure excitement, riddled with a calming humor is the best way to describe the Capt. and crew. The inclusive attitude of a hands on experience can be had by all aboard the vessel. Or a comfortable posterier rest can also be had. The boat is immaculate, ship shape if you will! Being in the Parade of Sails was top dog as the ship slowly jockeyed through the waters off Newport, RI with hundreds of boats maintaining speed to capture pictures along the way! I took advantage of the boats proximity and captured several great shots (memories of a lifetime) as we got in formation and completed the parade. All while Capt. John in a calm deep voice shared information through an intercom system of the upcoming and passing ships. The crew was also very cheerful, engaging and enlightening. They provided a boat full of information as well. I am looking forward to sailing with the Capt and crew of the Mystic Whaler again very soon! For now I want to share my thanks for providing such a fabtastic experience! Whether a corporate event, a group event, a self event, a party event, I'm sure by my first experience you'd be accomodated and satisfied!

Visited July 2012
Rochester, New York
“Wonderful fun.”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Can't wait until I can book again. The Captain, Crew do everything to make the cruise enjoyable. Pat's food is delicious and she works around special diets. You can't go hungry here.

Visited August 2011