La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale(New Haven)
$179
  • Room Service
$144
Courtyard
$84
$82
$127
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
$229
$178
Agoda.com
New Haven Inn(New Haven)
$59
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrestaurant attachedgreek restauranthard boiled eggsfree shuttlebagelsoff the highwaycontinental breakfastlong wharfconvenient locationyale campusikeahospital
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Greeted with a strong smell of melting plastic and a request we return in an hour because check in was not until 3pm. To kill time we went to the attached restaurant Greek olive to have lunch I would not recommend this confused eatery to anyone. After our substandard lunch we returned to the lobby to check in and stood at the front desk just to be ignored while the clerk and another staff member finish their personal conversation all the while the clerk glancing up looking at us and then continuing the conversation without any acknowledgement of our existence. After a few minutes we were finely given our room keys and started up to the room. As soon as we stepped off the elevator I was smacked in the face with a strong smell of marijuana we made our way to the room and thank god it didn’t smell the same but it was filthy to no end unidentifiable fluid spots on the desk, mold in the bathroom, a dusty air vent that looked like it was not cleaned in years. So as we processed the situation we went outside to have a cigarette and were stopped by a shady pan handler after going through the motions with him we watched as he was casing cars in the parking lot. Needless to say at this point we decided to pack up and leave. I do have to say when I was checking out I was offered an upgrade and a discount by the manager but this was not going to make it better.

I have stayed in better motels.

Room Tip: Don't bring your Family.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have no complaints about the room. It is what you would expect for the price. However, this is a fairly large 8 story hotel. The parking lot was full every night. In spite of this, there was never more than 1 person working the front. At night there was only one person working, period. It took forever to check in. Several people came to the desk asking for simple things like linens for the hideaway bed. The front desk clerk would have to do this. During breakfast one day, the phone was ringing off the hook. There was nobody there to answer it. Eventually one of the breakfast customers got so sick of hearing the phone ring, he went over and answered it.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my favorite hotel I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at Ritz-Carltons and many others but this was by far my favorite. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the rooms were beautiful. The view was one of the best I HAVE EVER SEEN. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Location is quite convenient. Had a view of the highway. Had a broken hair dryer that was missing a protective cover, even though it worked. You may risk getting electrocuted or your hair might got stuck in the dryer. I had to dry my hair which left me no choice even though they tried to look at the problem. There was NO backup dryer available. Window valance had water stains. The room is quite run down for a reputable inn. They really need to renovate the rooms. I was quite disappointed and I would not recommend to anyone to stay there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank W H
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed September 29 and were unhappy that the room was just half cleaned, but checked In late so didn't notify the front desk until the next morning. A few days later the manager called us and made a very satisfactory refund. Thank you Eric Parsons. We stay in this hotel about four or more times a year and I now feel that we will continue to stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family