“Amazing stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed October 12, 2013

This was my favorite hotel I have ever stayed at. I have stayed at Ritz-Carltons and many others but this was by far my favorite. The breakfast buffet was delicious and the rooms were beautiful. The view was one of the best I HAVE EVER SEEN. Wonderful experience.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Location is quite convenient. Had a view of the highway. Had a broken hair dryer that was missing a protective cover, even though it worked. You may risk getting electrocuted or your hair might got stuck in the dryer. I had to dry my hair which left me no choice even though they tried to look at the problem. There was NO backup dryer available. Window valance had water stains. The room is quite run down for a reputable inn. They really need to renovate the rooms. I was quite disappointed and I would not recommend to anyone to stay there.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank W H
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed September 29 and were unhappy that the room was just half cleaned, but checked In late so didn't notify the front desk until the next morning. A few days later the manager called us and made a very satisfactory refund. Thank you Eric Parsons. We stay in this hotel about four or more times a year and I now feel that we will continue to stay here.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were in New Haven for a football weekend, 4 guys, and wanted something close by. I was not familiar with the area but reviews on this hotel were not that bad. I'm not sure what others were expecting or if there had been a major renovation between their stays in ours. We were very impressed with the size and condition of the rooms. The price is quite appropriate. In addition we were right next to the October Fest being celebrated. they closed off several blocks and it provided for a fun time late into the night. With all that noise we could not hear anything from our rooms! The only suggestion I could make would be to have some sort of management available in the morning. We walked down about 9:30 and most items were all out. It took them 15 minutes to re-plenish.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

As we walked into our room, we were greeted with the smell of marijuana and found marijuana ash and a butt of a joint on the windowsill, and since the windows did not open, could not get rid of the terrible smell. We told the front desk about the terrible smell and they would not offer to switch our room, but rooms were still empty, and they could have switched us. They told us they would send up a "de-smoke" machine that would clear up the smell, but it never got to our room.
Another room that my friend was staying in had a mysterious brown ring of filth in the bathtub, and they were forced to shower in our room.
The hallways were dirty, and the top comforter was disgustingly dirty.
We planned to take the their shuttle into the charming Yale campus to have a nice dinner, and we waited for the shuttle, and the front desk kept telling us that the shuttle would arrive soon and that it had been to the airport...that it was in traffic.......meanwhile, there was NO traffic, and the shuttle never arrived, so we are convinced this shuttle service is actually imaginary! Also, the woman at the front desk was aggressive and nasty when my friend asked several times about when the shuttle was going to arrive.
We also saw a prostitute in the front lobby, and the hotel itself also gave off a depressing vibe.
Overall, a terrible TERRIBLE TERRIBLE HORRIBLY AWFUL EXTREMELY TERRIBLE stay. I would rather pay much extra to stay at a quality hotel, than this hotel that is not well managed and disgusting.
DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Abby G
Reviewed September 24, 2013

The title says it all. Shabby and dirty are two words that come to mind. The carpeting in the hallways is filthy... stains, and odd bits of trash around the edges (when WAS it last vacuumed?) Touching even the elevator button for my floor was so gross that I used my elbow! The room... well, the mattress was o.k. Remote was sticky. The air conditioning was deafening and worse yet, blew directly on the bed... I had to move two chairs over in front of the AC unit and drape towels over them just to keep the air off the bed. The bathroom... mold, dirty floor and virtually no water pressure in the sink. One wash cloth, two flimsy bars of soap, no shampoo... and about 3 sheets of kleenex in the dispenser. Breakfast... horrible coffee (brown water), canned fruit. Thank God there were packets of Quaker instant oatmeal. This hotel is a disgrace to an otherwise decent chain.

Room Tip: DON'T stay there... that's my tip.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Made reseverations for a 2 nite work stay. The lobby looked recently remodeled but that was it. the person who checked me in Tye was extremely nice and professional and even gave me an upgrade. when i got on the elevator and stepped off on my floor i was sent back in time about 30 years!!! The ceiling was low and the carpet in the hallway was dark and dirty. I opened the room door and it was worse from there. It had coffee stains on the walls, a box of cereal on the floor, the vents in the bathroom havent been cleaned in years and the sofa bed looked infected. the phone had ashes in the cradle, the wall socket i wanted to use to charge my phone was behind the bed and didn't have a plate cover. the carpet was stained, the bathroom tub was nasty, the hairdryer had a layer of dirt on it also. The room reeked of cigarette smoke and i didn't feel comfortable even sitting on the bed. Anyone who thought this was a nice place to stay is not in their right minds.

i checked out that nite after finding somewhere else to stay in 2 hours. I called the next day to the 800# who took my info and complaint. An assistant general manager called me back who did apologize profusely but there is no way i felt any sympathy. He wouldn't answer if he only managed that location, if he had ever inspected any of the rooms, i even told him i spoke with the main number who claimed that hotel had been remodeled in 2009 which was clearly a lie and he said nothing. He said he would refund my stay after i told him that's what I wanted but he offered nothing more than a sorry.
THIS HOTEL LOOKS AS IF IT SHOULD CHARGE BY THE HOUR....
ALL I CAN SAY IS DO NOT STAY HERE!!! I HAVE NEVER WRITTEN A REVIEW UNTIL NOW.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven
Duncan Hotel
Duncan Hotel
#6 of 12 in New Haven

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven? Share your experiences!