La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Courtyard
$152
$144
Hotels.com
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
$242
$173
Agoda.com
$79
$76
New Haven Inn(New Haven)
$59
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrestaurant attachedgreek restauranthard boiled eggsfree shuttlebagelsoff the highwaycontinental breakfastlong wharfconvenient locationyale campusikeahospital
Reviewed August 15, 2013

If for some god forsaken reason my house looked like that bathroom did , no guest would be stepping foot in it let alone $100 price tag. If it wasn't 3am after a long drive we would have walked out.
Door had to be manhandled to be locked
No tissues
HUGE shower stain
Curtain rod busted in shower
Stained quilt
Bare minimum towels
Security had to get the door open
.......$100. Goddamnit

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is not in pristine condition, and there was a door between the room next to ours that allowed so much noise to get through that it sounded like the people were in our room. The carpet was in bad shape, the bathroom light lacked a cover and the motion detector didn't work. The bathroom wasn't ventilated well.

On a positive side, the hotel was safe and the staff was pleasant. I was just there on business and only spending one night, so I really didn't care about the condition so much. The noise from the room next door could have been a problem if I was any less tired, but I was so tired bombs could have gone off in the room and not woken me up.

The price was fairly reasonable, and it is very close to Union Station. That made it easy for me since I traveled up to New Haven on Amtrak. So, if you are traveling on a budget and aren't looking for anything fancy, it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I preface this by stating the people who work at La Quinta, New Haven are very nice. Truly. The actual hotel, on the other hand, is not so nice. Our first room was overwhelmingly a "smoking" room. The three of us took two steps in, then backed out. The front desk people gave us another room. No cigarette smell. The bedroom area was clean, as were the beds. The bathroom had mold problems - mold along the caulk lines, corners of tub, and soap dish. Lots of mold. My college age children said it would be OK, they just wouldn't take showers....we left and were out several hours. When we returned I spoke with the front desk person. She switched us to another room, which turned out to be the first smoky one. Then she gave me keys to two other rooms to check out. The first of these was moldy, the second was fine. So there we stayed. We slept fine, the building was not noisy, and breakfast the next morning was adequate. The attendant worked hard to keep the breakfast area clean. We had dinner in the diner attached to the hotel, the Greek Olive. Again, the restaurant is a little shabby looking but the food/service/portions were great. So. The hotel needs a thorough facelift and serious cleaning of its carpets, walls, ceilings, upholstery, and bathrooms. On the plus side, the people are nice, they try to be accommodating but face a huge obstacle in the condition of the building. The hotel is easily accessible to the highway, and IKEA is next door. The Greek Olive is a decent place to eat and service/food are good. Wallace, at the front desk, was wonderful. I just don't think I would be willing to stay again in a place that is so desperately in need of a good scrubbing...

Room Tip: Inspect rooms before committing......
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The walls, floor and sheets were dirty in the room, and their was no ventilation in the bathroom. The entire hall on the second floor smelled like mold and mildew. There was a raining leak on the first floor near the breakfast area. The hotel was not in good condition to accommodate customers properly.

Room Tip: I do not recommend this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business