“decent service, okay cleanliness, bed hard”

La Quinta Inn & Suites New Haven
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Durham, North Carolina
“decent service, okay cleanliness, bed hard”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I found the service to be adequate, friendly even, but it was not super attentive. The best thing about the hotel is the free shuttle it operates. They'll take you anywhere and can usually pick you up or drop you off within 15-20 minutes. The drawback to the shuttle is that there is only one, and you cannot reserve it ahead of time (it's first-come, first-served). The desk chair in my room and the shower had some (permanent?) stains, but the bed seemed clean.

Brazi is one of the few restaurants nearby, and has fairly tasty meals for $15-20.

Room Tip: Try to get a higher up room to avoid some of the road and warehouse traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Truckee, California
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel before, but FORGOT that the entire sports world stays here too. "Breakfast" is a mob scene - but that's just because too many young people stay here at one time and the place was overrun with very hungry athletes. It works for groups of hungry athletic young people, but I wish I had known this. I did ask for a room AWAY from all the sports teams and thankfully, it wasn't too loud. Hotel in need of an upgrade.

Room Tip: Noisy, run-down, BUT convenient. I did not feel safe at the hotel at night mostly because I had to...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these New Haven hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stay here CONSTANTLY. When ever I'm in NEW HAVEN I stay here because of the BEAUTIFUL VIEW of the water,the breakfast,clean ,quiet rooms, the staff is very courtious, and its right of the highway.last but not least, The food trucks across the street. Mmmmmmm! yummy

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed March 19, 2013

We have been down to New Haven from Alberta Canada for the last four years to visit our son and watch Yale hockey. We have found the hotel convenient to get around from. The staff friendly and accommodating in anything we needed. The shuttle obliging. It has had new carpeting and furniture in the last year. We like the fact that there is a good restaurant attached to the hotel. Have recommended it many times. ON one ocassion we did stay at the Omni in downtown New Haven but had to listen to street party noise all night. This hotel is a lot quieter even with the highway so close. And the best deal is the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Alma M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Checking in and checking out of the Hotel took only a couple of minutes. The room was very quiet and the bed was very comfortable. I like to stay at this Hotel because there is a restaurant attached to it. You can walk from the Hotel to the Restaurant through an attached hallway which is very convenient when the weather is bad.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after a long day of travel headed north. It was right off 95 which was about the best I can say about this place. It felt safe but didn't feel super clean. It was freezing when we got there and we had 2 small kids and my husband tried locating a luggage cart for all our stuff. The staff tried to help but after 10 minutes came back with nothing mean while my kids are crying and exhausted. The tv did not work in our room. Also one of the outlets in our room was missing? And a cold draft was coming in through there. If you have low expectations his place might not be bad. I woke up a lot because I felt so unclean in there. Would not stay again. I usually like La Quinta So this was disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013