“No complaints!”
Review of New Haven Hotel

New Haven Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

This weekend was my second stay at the new haven hotel. Both stays were very pleasant experiences. When we arrived from out of town we were able to check in early; room was spacious and the bed was comfortable. Hotel was quiet at night. We were given a late check out when we asked for one with no extra cost or hassle. Parking is $23 for 24 hours in the hotel garage; we parked one block away at the temple street garage for $16. Wifi was free and worked without issue. Hotel is central to Yale and everything else in downtown new haven. I would definitely stay here again if traveling to this area in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at the New Haven hotel this past weekend. Our stay was great, room was clean and centrally located. Staff was easy to work with and nice. No bar in hotel however and parking was an extra $20 well worth it in a garage that was very secure. Would stay again if I were to be back in New Haven.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Friendly staff greeting, comfortable clean room, secured garage parking at an additional expense and accommodating amenities for a one night stay.
One drawback that I had was, I went one on one with the in- room coffee machine in the morning and the coffee machine won and I lost. Went downstairs for coffee to go for myself and my wife and the coffee was pretty good. The hotel does offer a full breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, sausage, home fires, fruit, juice, toast, muffins, etc for $12.00 and for fruit, juice, coffee and cereal for half the charge and it was very good. No complaints, enjoyed the brief stay and would stay again if in the New Haven area.

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Great service, clean rooms, great rates...and a great breakfast buffet!!!!!! Will definitely stay next time we're in New Haven! Walking distance to some very good restaurants and easy access off 95. Very close to Yale which is a beautiful campus to explore!

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Stayed for two nights at this hotel back in May. We had a very pleasant stay and the hotel exceeded our expectations. Hotel staff were very professional, friendly and accommodating, from the front desk folks, engineering and housekeeping.

Lobby was quite elegant and very inviting, several flat screen TVs and seating areas. Apparently, the managers hold meet and greet receptions every now and then in the lobby with refreshments, etc. It was a very nice, well appreciated gesture.

The room was spacious and included all the standard amenities, including flat screen TV, free wifi, fridge, coffee machine and quality toiletries. There is a pantry downstairs, microwave and vending machines. Business center is accessible 24/7 with free use of laser printer.

The immediate vicinity of this hotel is dotted with several nice restaurants and cafes as well as a movie theater that featured independent films.

All in all, a faultless stay. Kudos to NH Hotel staff and management!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel on hotels.com thinking I was reserving rooms at The Omni Hotel. I realized that I made the mistake when I called The Omni on the day of my stay to ask about early check in and they said I had no reservations there. Hotels.com informed me that I actually booked rooms at The New Haven. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised how nice the building was on the interior. Beautiful lobby and the front desk staff were quite friendly and professional. The only downside to our stay that I can think of was the $23 extra charge to park In the garage across the street. However, the garage was a locked secure garage and it's nice to have parking downtown. So it wasn't too bad after all. The room was very clean and well kept. The king size bed was comfortable and clean. Overall I really enjoyed the overnight stay and the price was decent for the quality.

1  Thank Drewsoutthere
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. 99$ a night = very cheap in my mind, especially considering we were on the 7th floor with good view, the room was big, clean and with the standard hotel furniture. Location is central and with lots of parking nearby. If going to New Haven again, we'll stay here.

1  Thank DonRobinson
Duncan Hotel
Duncan Hotel
#6 of 12 in New Haven
Hampton Inn & Suites New Haven - South - West Haven

Been to New Haven Hotel? Share your experiences!