New Haven Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale(New Haven)
  • Room Service
Duncan Hotel(New Haven)
Econo Lodge(West Haven)
View Hotel
All reviewsacross the streetyale universityparking situationblock walkbusiness centerstreet parkingnice hotelwine and cheesenice lobbywalking distanceroom keycrackersfront desk staffbuffet breakfastper daycomfortable bedsroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I booked two rooms at this hotel on hotels.com thinking I was reserving rooms at The Omni Hotel. I realized that I made the mistake when I called The Omni on the day of my stay to ask about early check in and they said I had no reservations there. Hotels.com informed me that I actually booked rooms at The New Haven. Upon arrival I was pleasantly surprised how nice the building was on the interior. Beautiful lobby and the front desk staff were quite friendly and professional. The only downside to our stay that I can think of was the $23 extra charge to park In the garage across the street. However, the garage was a locked secure garage and it's nice to have parking downtown. So it wasn't too bad after all. The room was very clean and well kept. The king size bed was comfortable and clean. Overall I really enjoyed the overnight stay and the price was decent for the quality.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Drewsoutthere
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed here for the 4th of July weekend. 99$ a night = very cheap in my mind, especially considering we were on the 7th floor with good view, the room was big, clean and with the standard hotel furniture. Location is central and with lots of parking nearby. If going to New Haven again, we'll stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DonRobinson
Reviewed July 9, 2014

If you want a simple, value-for-money yet an excellent place to stay in New Haven, The New Haven Hotel is it. My daughter and I found that out in our 4th of July overnight stay prior to the start of her Yale Young Global Scholars program.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Romel C
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here for 5 nights when we relocated to New Haven from overseas. It was great to be able to stay in a central place while we got our bearings - was very easy for us to step out each day and explore the nearby restaurants and of course, Yale. Room was big and clean, TV had lots of channels (perfect for those jet lagged nights!) and the complimentary wifi was much appreciated. We took advantage of the fitness centre as well - its very small with just a few machines but it does the job.

We ate breakfast in the hotel restaurant every morning - it was great every morning (option of hot buffet or continental) and the service in the restaurant was phenomenal - although its probably cheaper to grab brekkie at one of the many eateries nearby, we liked the convenience of being able to eat in house. We also thoroughly enjoyed the evening happy hours - complimentary wine and cheese in the lobby! We enjoyed our stay so much that we have booked my parents to stay when they visit later this month.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

I stayed at New Haven Hotel in conjunction with my site visit travel to Yale, and loved it. The room was very comfortable with upgraded amenities and the staff are very friendly, prompt and professional. The location was convenient to a plethora of restaurants, movie theater and walking distance to my meeting at Yale. The only disappointment was the lack of a pool and on demand TV. Other than that, I would highly recommend this hotel for future stays when visiting New Haven. Pleasant stay all around!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business