“I really love this hotel”
Review of New Haven Hotel

New Haven Hotel
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
New Haven, Connecticut
“I really love this hotel”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I have stayed at the New Haven Hotel several times. So when I moved to New Haven and needed a temporary home for 9 nights while waiting to move into my new apartment, I choose to stay here again. The staff truly did make this stay feel like I was at home. Also the rooms are warm, inviting - clean and comfy. The bed is so comfortable (I noticed on my last stay there) that I bought one through "The Sealy Guest Purchase" program. I am now settled in, but thank the NH Hotel for their support and comfort while I made the transition.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor possible and facing the back.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at the New Haven Hotel in early December and I cannot say that I was very impressed with my experience. When I arrived at the hotel, it took several minutes before someone acknowledged me at the Front Desk for check-in. When they did, it seemed like there was an abundant amount of information being provided to the point it was slightly overwhelming. When I made it to my room, I inspected the cleanliness and found a long strand of hair in the walk-in shower and was not very pleased. The staff did go out of their way to take care of it, but it wasn't something that I looked forward to when arriving at my hotel room. The remainder of my stay at the hotel went without incident; however, it did put a sour taste in my mouth. I'm hoping that if and when I return that these issues will not occur again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Europe
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a nice hotel in the center of town. Room was clean and large, with a good mattress. It has a very good gym. Staff was friendly and helpful. Definitely a place to return to. I'd recommend it for business travelers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night between Christmas and New Year's, the hotel was very quiet. The room had obviously been redone: the beds were comfortable, the sheets soft, the furniture modern with a large flat screen TV. Our bathroom was also modern with only a shower (no tub). We had some problems with the toilet.

The hotel seemed a bit isolated and we were disappointed that breakfast was not included. The other negative was the price of parking, we just left our car at the train station (since we stayed after coming back with the train) and walked one way (about 15 minutes) and took the free downtown shuttle back.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay when you are in New Haven. We received a fantastic rate which helped off-set the cost of parking in the garage across the street. Very friendly staff. Very clean & updated rooms. While you're there make sure you go to PePe's Pizza which is fabulous!

Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We reserved a block of rooms for our son's wedding. We were very pleased at the clean, nicely appointed rooms, spacious lobby for our family reunion, and prompt responses to our needs. The hotel is walking distance to many good restaurants and not too far from the heart of campus. The New Haven Hotel was a great choice for our family event.

New Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed January 1, 2014

New Haven Hotel. I stayed here for one night on a short business trip. It is conveniently located downtown New Haven, but requires a taxi ride if you arrive by train. This is no more than a 5-7 minute ride. The main campus of Yale is a few blocks away, and easily within walking distance. The hotel is a fairly old hotel but appears to have undergone a renovation in recent times, and it is very contemporary in its decoration. Hotel reception was friendly and welcoming, and provided excellent advice on local restaurants for meals. A bonus was the happy hour in the lobby in the evening, serving wine, cheese and finger food. This was delightful. The room was located on the third floor with a nondescript view over back entrances to shops. It was very comfortable, cosy, and with good working space. Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was functional, typical of a fairly old hotel. Internet was free, and worked well – strong and stable.

Room Tip: ask always to check inside a room if you have doubts
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business