New Haven Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale(New Haven)
Very Good 4/5
  • Room Service
Duncan Hotel(New Haven)
Great 4.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Good 3.5/5
Econo Lodge(West Haven)
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsacross the streetyale universityparking situationblock walkbusiness centerstreet parkingnice hotelwine and cheesenice lobbywalking distanceroom keycrackersfront desk staffbuffet breakfastper daycomfortable bedsroom was large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Arrived past 9pm one night and had no trouble getting in as a previous review suggested.
I had requested a quiet room facing the campus and was given a quiet room facing the campus. For me the first hurdle is getting the requested room and they did not disappoint. Room is SUPER modern, very clean. There is a work bench that runs the full length of the window which is nice to do any paper work, etc, which I appreciated.
The bed was comfortable, inviting clean white linens.
Beautiful marble bathroom, no tub, just shower.
It was SO wonderfully quiet. I love a quiet room.
The black out shade was terrific and we were happy to put up the shade in the morning and have tons of sunlight and a view of the campus at a distance.
I only wished we were staying for more than one night.
We dined in the restaurant, actually a table in the bar because the restaurant was closed at 9:15. My daughter loved her ghnocci, but I had the same and thought the pasta was really heavy, the size and heaviness of mahtza in mahtza ball soup (sorry for the spelling).
i dont think I would eat in the restaurant again, but because it was so late and we were tired i didn't feel like walking around outside.
I know from a previous trip there are lots of restaurants outside as this is the downtown.
It is minutes from Yale, great location. We stayed at the Marriott the time before and this was much, much, much better. It was so clean and modern it just felt so relaxing.
I did spring for the valet parking because we were tired coming in. Not sure if there is an alternative to valet parking, but the car was brought round super fast.
The staff were not super cordial, but they weren't totally indifferent, just kind of cool, but business like. The staff at the other several hotels on our trip were much more friendly, so I didnt mind one night of cool staff.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
srnhg, Manager at New Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for being our guests at the New Haven Hotel and writing such a great review. We are pleased to hear that our hotel and our amenities exceeded your expectations.

We are very excited about our completed renovation of the New Haven Hotel. Our guest rooms are the most well appointed in New Haven, with top quality mattresses and luxury linens, custom furniture, 42” flat screen HD televisions, CD/MP3 players with ipod docks, electronic safes and mini fridges/freezers. Our business center is open for guest use and we have free wireless internet throughout the hotel. The stunningly renovated lobby features marble details, seating areas with flat screen televisions, our custom art installation, custom chandeliers, beautiful fireplace, and complimentary weekly evening manager’s reception.

One of the most luxurious downtown hotels in New Haven, the New Haven Hotel is conveniently located near all of the city's biggest attractions.

We hope that you will once again choose the New Haven Hotel for your next stay in New Haven.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Been in USA for 14 days now, and New Haven hotel is the best so far! Clean, new, great location, complimentary coffee and WiFi in the room, soft bed. Lots of good restaurants and bars around the area. Would definitely go back!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for being our guests at the New Haven Hotel and writing such a great review. We are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was expecting much more based on previous reviews. It was fine, but really nothing special. We arrived after 9pm, so the front doors were locked and we had to call on an intercom to get entry access. Makes you question the neighborhood. They do a 'preauthorization' of your credit card for parking, breakfast, and incidentals. Not sure why that's necessary. We paid $18 extra for parking for one night. We had 2 adults and 2 teens in our party and the best we could get was a king with a pull out sofa bed. There was no bedding on the sofa bed, so the maintance person brought it to the room in a grey bin and I had to make up the sofa bed bed my self. There was no conditioner in the shower which was irritating. Again nothing special so if this is one of the highest rated hotels in New Haven, I'd probably stay here again because the other places must be worse.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 5STARz

Thank you for your review of the New Haven Hotel.

Although we have chosen to adopt a nominal fee for parking, our parking charges are consistent and/or below that of the other hotels in the New Haven area.

We apologize for the lack of bedding on the sofa bed as well as the conditioner that was missing from your guest room. We will be reviewing your feedback with our Housekeeping Department.

We hope that you enjoyed your guest room with its top quality mattresses and luxury linens, custom furniture, 42” flat screen HD televisions, CD/MP3 players with iPod docks, electronic safes and mini fridges/freezers. Other hotel amenities include free wireless internet throughout the hotel, our stunning lobby featuring marble details, seating areas with flat screen televisions, our custom art installation, custom chandeliers, beautiful fireplace and on-site business center.

Many guests appreciate the convenient location of our hotel to downtown restaurants and attractions. Our hotel is the top choice for both visitors to Yale University and Medical Center, The Shubert Theater as well as for travelers doing business with one of the numerous corporations and New Haven local attractions.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again at the New Haven Hotel.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I had a confirmed reservation but upon check-in at 6 pm was informed that they did not have a room for me. They sent me to the Courtyard which they offered "for the same price.". Only after asking did they offer a "reduced" rate - Courtyard's regular rate. This seems to have happened to others as well.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank naomi s

Thank you for your review of the New Haven Hotel. We appreciate guest feedback.

We apologize for the issues surrounding your reservation and will be looking into this further with the general manager.

We hope that you enjoyed your stay in New Haven as the area is rich with restaurants and nightlife, attractions, shopping, outdoor recreation, and arts and culture.

Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

I am writing this review while sitting and having a martini after a long drive to New Haven. Why am I sitting in a bar you ask? I'll tell you! Because when I went to check into my room after waiting in line 40 minutes to do so, I was haphazardly informed that "there were just no rooms available you should come back later" by the receptionist. ( I would like to remind everyone that check in time for the New haven hotel is listed on the website at 3 pm. It is now 6:15) When we asked how long it would be until a room would be available, her response was an ever informative " I don't know. We were fully booked last night". As if somehow that was meant to make me feel better about the situation? I will say that after 2 attempts at half hour intervals to receive any information on when our room might be ready, I am now attempting to quell the regret of spending any money at this hotel with a stiff drink. This hotels management should be ashamed of itself. If you value any semblance of customer service when making a reservation you will be sorely disappointed.

Stayed: July 2012
10  Thank kristen G

Thank you for your review of the New Haven Hotel. We appreciate your feedback.

As you can appreciate, we have strict standard operating procedures for housekeeping at our hotel. We want to make sure the room is properly cleaned before it is occupied. On occasion, this may delay check in, and we apologize for any inconvenience this caused and the manner in which this was communicated.

We hope that you enjoyed your guest room accommodations featuring top quality mattresses and luxury linens, custom furniture, 42” flat screen HD televisions, CD/MP3 players with iPod docks, electronic safes and mini fridges/freezers. In addition, we hope that you were able to take advantage of the many hotel amenities during your stay including our business center, free wireless internet throughout the hotel, our stunning lobby featuring marble details, seating areas with flat screen televisions, our custom art installation, custom chandeliers and beautiful fireplace.

We hope that you will choose to stay with us again at the New Haven Hotel.