New Haven Village Suites
$154
$144
Courtyard
$72
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
$178
Agoda.com
New Haven Inn(New Haven)
$59
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenpenthouse suitelight dinnerliving rooman industrial parkshuttle servicedining tableextended staylong wharfbreakfast and dinnerhome away from homefree shuttlesleeper sofasitting areahot breakfastoff the highwaytrain station
Reviewed June 30, 2013

First, if you book through TripAdvisor, you will be charged at time of booking. Was a bit surprised, but it was OK. When I called back a month later to change dates for stay, agent checked to see if prices had changed, and they had gone down. That was nice.

We had a loft suite. It is a good size. King bed and bath down stairs along with small kitchenette and pullout sofa in small 'living room.' In loft, queen bed with another bath. That's nice. You could get a good number of people in one room. Breakfast in morning was fine, but not great. Evening meal was OK, but not great. Staff was very pleasant.

Price was more reasonable than other places in New Haven. This is likely because it is in the middle of an industrial area. Not much else very nearby. Kitchenette does need updating. And as mentioned by other(s), cleaning needs to improve. Top of fan above stove was not clean. We had popcorn on first night and a large piece fell on floor by desk in living room. It was still there the next two mornings. Toilet seat had cracks and pieces missing. Lots of other little things needing to be attended to, fixed, corrected. There is a small guest laundry room. Next door is the hotel laundry room where, of course, there are large washers and dryers. The large laundry room vents into the small guest laundry room, making it much too hot and humid for any guests to do any laundry.

I guess I can understand why some people may give this higher marks. I cannot and if were in the area again, I would not stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I rarely write reviews, but this place is very nice. I don't to have any issues as others have mentioned. My room is clean, the kitchen is great (especially since I am gluten free and have a hard time eating out, so here I can cook my own meals for the day), and the climate is perfect. I can fill up my water bottle, have tea when I wake up, they have breakfast available, (and if you like a light dinner - one choice), and the rooms are spacious. I was doubting staying here because of some reviews, but I'm glad I did. It's a nice little home away from home. They must have updated the internet too because it is now wireless! For only $118 a night, I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else for 3 days. I'm amazed at how petty some of the other reviews are.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My sister and I are here now, at premier suites in New Haven, CT. We have over 1 week booked. At arrival, we were very disappointed with location, smell of trash, piled up garbage outside our room. After entering room, toilet was running, and rooms boiling, with no screens on windows for fresh air. Today was so hot when we arrived back to room, so I called front desk. She told me the rooms were "energy efficient", that unless movement was detected in front of thermostat, it shuts off. How's that for "green"?? This means no AC through the night either if you aren't constantly moving in main room by sensors. Imagine that?

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Disappo123
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed in Premier suites because we were in the area because our son had a baseball tournament at the sportsplex. The room seemed ok at first, it was very convenient that it had a kitchen area. The kitchen was somewhat dated, could use some updating. We went to go use the pull out couch for my other son, and when we took off the cushions there was chunks of food and tons of crumbs all over the top of the mattress, and a small squeezie toy that looked like it was for a pet! Cleaning staff definitely needs to do more than just surface clean. Room really could have used a thorough cleaning, like moving furniture etc. Which I know most hotel cleaning services don't do, but should! Would not use this hotel again in the future because of this reason, if we are ever in the area again..... Also there was a slight funny smell to the room, couldn't quite pin point what it was.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband & I stayed at the New Haven Premier Hotel & Suites on June 7. We were shocked at how big the suite was and for such a great price per night. It seemed like a small apartment! Full kitchen with regular size stove, microwave, big fridge, silverware, glasses, plates, coffee pot and kitchen table with chairs. It had a separate bedroom with flat screen TV and living room with another flat screen TV. The king bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was great too. They served waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon, yogurt, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit (melon that day), cereal, the usual breakfast juices, coffee and tea. It was very filling. The location of the hotel is very close to downtown New Haven. Yale University is within a 5 minute drive. It was very easy to find the hotel as well since it's right off highway Rte 91. We will certainly stay there again when visiting New Haven in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple