New Haven Inn
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
Duncan Hotel(New Haven)
Average 3/5
New Haven Hotel(New Haven)
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale(New Haven)
Very Good 4/5
  • Room Service
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2007

Looked like there were permanent residents. The jacuzzi that was broken in 2005 is still broken. Pool dirty, and to get there you had to cross a parking lot in the dark. Room dirty and smelled. Staff had no answer to "do you have a pool?" and had to find a manager. I looked at my spouse and said, "no way," and we went somewhere else, which I've never had to do before.
In a life of budget traveling, this place wasn't worth a dollar, much less $68.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Bowden C
Reviewed February 21, 2007

I had to stay in the hotel once a week for a few months and i really wanted to quit my job for making me stay in such a place. I knew the front desk personal in first name bases and they were nice enough to supply me with a hand held heater because the rooms are from the set of ice age. I know you get for what you pay for but I still think they are to expensive for what they offer.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Boston, MA
Reviewed July 6, 2006

This place was awful. It's true that you get what you pay for, but I've stayed in rooms for $60/night that were like the Taj Mahal compared to this. The room smelled, it was dirty (to put it mildly), and it was loud. They claimed at the front desk that there were no other rooms available. I highly doubt it was booked solid. We didn't feel safe, and we couldn't wait for the one night to be over.

I'll let the pictures say the rest...

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2006

I have never been so disgusted and afraid of staying in a hotel as I was at the Econo Lodge in New Haven, CT. I think there are people that live in the hotel. When I got there the stair s that lead to the room smelled like urine. There was garbage on the landing. Some of the windows or doors were boarded up. My reservations were incorrect. I told the receptionist this and she ignored me. There was not remote for the TV and when I call front desk about it, she said she would find one for me and never called me back. The toliet was broken, wallpaper was peeling the rugs were nasty, the sheets looked as if they didn't change them. There was paint chips on the floor I didn't want to lay my head on the pillows so I laid my clothes on the bed to sleep. People were up all night swearing and having a mini party outside. I was so uncomfortable with this lodge that if I did stay, I would have taken my clothes with me in fear that they would be gone when I came back. Oh and one more thing, when I left in the morning, there was a man selling drugs outside his hotel room. I WOULD NOT recommend the New Haven, CT Econo Lodge to anyone.

8  Thank jclowney
Reviewed July 5, 2006

If you are worried about money, this place is a bargain. We paid $54 weeknights, $57 weekends. We had a room right over the lobby, so I felt very safe with just me (mom) and my teenage daughter. The doors to our building were locked at 11:00 p.m., and nobody could get through the lobby without checking in with the staff. Everyone on the staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool was not heated; it was too cold even on a hot June day, and the jacuzzi was barely lukewarm. Our room had some nice touches, although the towel bar was missing in the bathroom. The air conditioning worked well, and the breakfast was good for a budget place. When I couldn't get my daughter out of bed before 11 a.m. we missed housekeeping one day, so on the other day she slept in, I just asked the maid if I could trade our towels for clean ones and give her the garbage from our room. Some of the buildings were looking a little run-down, especially around the pool, but we noticed there was a painter there doing some upkeep, so hopefully the motel is working on improving the property. It's a straight shot from the Econo Lodge up Whalley St. to Yale, about 4 miles I think. Look out for pedestrians going against the traffic lights.

• Stayed: June 2006