“I got bedbug at the Econo Lodge”
Review of New Haven Inn

New Haven Inn
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in New Haven
A TripAdvisor Member
“I got bedbug at the Econo Lodge”
Reviewed November 29, 2005

I am not lying about this either- I had to go to the doctor after being covered in over 100 bites from the Econo Lodge's infested mattress. I am currently in process of suing this hotel.

Oh, and the hot water heater did not work- nor did the heater.

• Stayed November 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed October 26, 2005

This hotel was run down, didn't feel safe in neighborhood, staff unfriendly, and too remote.

• Stayed October 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these New Haven hotels

Reviewed April 23, 2005

All the Ants you can eat, stomp out, or drown...for free! If you love sheets that don't fit, towels that are see through and the size of toilet paper, and toilet paper the texture of sandpaper, you'll love this place! Pillow cases? Forget it! Decent bath? Only if you don't mind the little buggers keeping you company! Noise??? Plenty of it and nice and LOUD! Enjoyed our neighbor's room party.

You get what you pay for...perhaps. Don't even think about this place! I'd rather be homeless!

Stayed April 2005
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
boston
Reviewed February 27, 2005

Upon arrival we found out the jacuzzi was broken (one perk of this hotel), walked to our room, there were old couches, trash, and space heaters thown about the hallway. The room would be ok, if we didnt find the old condom wrapper lying next to the bed. As the night progressed, the heat slowly dissapeared. I called the front desk,and they weren't surprised (I wish they had told me before I took the room) and asked me to come get a space heater.
Men's sauna also had broken glass on the floor...
I would advise anyone to spend the extra 20 bucks and stay somewhere else.

10 Thank mcboston
Reviewed January 9, 2004

Ouch! We stayed at the "Quality" Inn @ 100 Pond Lily Rd. The heat didn't work (it was 4 degrees F outside), and the room stayed under 60 degrees, even after two hours. The manager, offered me a space heater!
I decided that i could not accept a room with a space heater on a rug, and a radiator that didn't work. Anyway, after the New Haven Police came (yes, i called them - it was a MUCH longer story), we got everything sorted out, and we were given a beautiful warm room, and had a great nite's sleep. One of their managers does not handle problems too well, but the OWNERS helped. It was a Friday night, and the owners spend weekends there.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member