All reviews platinum member facing the street starbucks coffee within walking distance small gym front desk staff convenient location marriott courtyard rooms are clean and comfortable parking garage nice hotel lobby area recent stay fitness center per night train station bistro
Selected filters
Reviewed October 30, 2018

I am a Marriott Premier Platinum Member with over 100 stays this year. I know the Courtyard Bistro Menu like the back of my hand. The Chicken Bacon Quesadilla is my go to. Although the recipe and ingredients are the same every where......tonight I had one that stands above the dozens of others I have had. The difference? Mark. The young man who made if for me. Mark clearly loves what he does and it reflected in the simple but delicious meal I had this evening. I have to also acknowledge the rest of the staff, from reception, to the bar tender, to housekeeping, who were all wonderful. This is not the nicest Courtyard I have ever stayed at. In all earnest, it could use a refresh. But the people here make it special! Thank you all.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
EmilioM1892, Manager at Courtyard New Haven at Yale, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Hello John C,

Thank you so much for the wonderful remarks made on our staff here at the Courtyard New Haven at Yale. We truly appreciate all of our guests and always strive to provide memorable moments, so I am glad we were able to provide you with one. I hope you were able to take advantage of your new mattress and television experience while with us!

See you again soon!

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Came for one night for business travel and I cannot say enough about this property and the staff I encountered.

Hotel Lobby is expansive and clean. There is a bistro that offers great signature drinks with an amazing bartender (thanks for the amazing service Mike!) and great food (try the roasted brussell sprouts!), Starbucks coffee in the morning (thanks Isabel for a perfect soy latte!), a business center, a great fireplace, a market with snacks and drinks, a HUGE area to gather for a meal, or remote work, and complementary newspapers to catch on current events.

The rooms are cozy, with great comfortable beds (4 pillows, yeahh!), large screen TV with interactive programming, fridge, coffee maker, working heat and AC (been in many hotels where AC does not function as it should - this place not one of them), and a spacious bathroom.

Other amenities include a courtyard, meeting spaces, fitness center with freeweights (a must for me), and an event space for 100 people.

The hotel is situated in downtown New Haven, with shopping, dining, pubs, and other services. Just outside of Yale University - great place to stay when visiting students or the school itself.

Only downside is parking. To leave your car in the hotel's parking lot it will set you back 25.00 a night. There is street and meter parking, but we all know how "fun" that is to deal with.

Overall, I give it 5 stars. I would definitely stay again for business or leisure!

Hello Trek595459,

Wow! A perfect score :) Thank you so much for taking the time out to complete a detailed review of the Courtyard New Haven at Yale! We appreciate your sincere remarks of our property and are happy to know our staff took great care of you! We truly thank you for your kind words and look forward to hosting you again when you are back in New Haven.

Reviewed October 30, 2018

Stayed at this hotel in October for a meeting. Hotel is easy to find with plenty of parking up a small ramp. The front desk people were pleasant and swift, getting me checked in and up to the room in minutes.
The room, facing the street on the 8th floor, was larger than expected. King bed, bathroom a little small but functional, with a large sitting room with work desk and the biggest hotel tv I think I have ever seen. Bed was comfortable, temperature was easy to regulate, and the heater was quiet. That said, here's a tip: When a hotel leaves earplugs in the nightstand for you, USE THEM! Fire trucks, trash trucks, people yelling...even on the 8th floor, there were a few times that felt I was in NYC.
Morning meeting was in a small conference room. Staff was super helpful and accommodating. Food was ok, breakfast buffet on paper plates. Felt like I was at a Hampton, not a Courtyard.
Overall, would stay here again if in the area.

Hi Chiefy,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review the Courtyard New Haven at Yale! We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your spacious room with seating area and new television experience! We will see you on your next trip to New Haven !

Reviewed October 16, 2018

I have been staying at this hotel on a weekly basis since July and each and every time I continue to be impressed with the cleanliness, attentiveness and overall customer service. Tylo, Shanique and Michelle (I'm sure I'm forgetting others) are all so attentive and friendly. They make checking in a breeze and genuinely care about me during my stay. Plus, the proximity of this hotel to Yale and NH can't be beat. Thank you for the great service Courtyard New Haven at Yale team!!!! Highly recommend! Sincerely, David in 800

Room tip: 8th floor is quiet
2  Thank m0rcheeba

Hello M0rcheeba,

Michelle, Tylo & Shanique always do their best in genuinely caring for our guests and am glad they have kept you loyal to us here in New Haven. Thank you so much for the review and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed October 15, 2018

It's a no-frills Courtyard in the middle of NH. There's ramp parking, but a locked door that you have to buzz the desk to gain entry to from parking to the lobby. Not a big deal, but that kind of security makes you wonder.

If you've been in a Courtyard, you know what to expect here, and it delivers. But you're not paying for anything more (like ambience and charm), and you sure don't get it.

Professional, competent, but cold and efficient.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
EmilioM1892, Manager at Courtyard New Haven at Yale, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

Hello nmhen,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel.

I am extremely sorry that the services you encountered by our staff did not create a positive experience for you. As a Marriott hotel, our goal is to always provide a warm setting for all of our guests to feel at home- yet we did not do that for you this past stay for which I sincerely apologize. We appreciate your feedback as it gives us insight and incentive to do better. We hope you will choose us again when you are in the area.