“STOP SERVING RABBIT!!!!”

Order Online
Ranked #3 of 645 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: In the heart of downtown New Haven, Olea offers an innovative interpretation of Spanish and Mediterranean cuisine. Chef Manuel Romero and his team explore these flavors in their food, wine, and cocktails, locally sourcing many products and importing specialty items from the Mediterranean region.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Honestly—is this REALLY NECESSARY? Don’t we have enough choices in this world than to eat a rabbit?? What the H? My children and niece each have rabbits as pets!!! No more Olea for us even if their food is good! Stop being so decadent. Geeze!!!!

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (172)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time I took my wife to Olea for her birthday. This restaurant is excellent and the service is the best. Please visit and enjoy. Bon appetite....

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

This restaurant did not disappoint. See my review "Birthday Bummer" from last August. We had the best table in the house, the staff was in perfect sync, & the food was very good.
I had the beet salad. The beets seemed to have been slightly pickled in a salty herbed vinegar, served on a bed of arugula with small balls of mozzarella. My entree was a rice dish with three plump shrimp and bay scallops & small mussels. delicious & light.
The birthday man had the suckling pig served on a square of shredded potato in a reduced wine sauce. He loved it. His app was the the foie gras with a rectangle of polenta and topped with a blueberry "jam" with fried lotus root (think perforated potato chip) garnish. He had a cheese plate for dessert & I had glazed warm peaches with a dollop of peach sorbet. He was presented with a birthday dessert (see photo).
It was a wonderful evening and we truly enjoyed it.

Reviewed August 21, 2019

They did a really good job, but we ordered between 8 to 10 cocktails between four people and they were incredibly watered down. Nobody wants to feel ripped off wit cocktails with no alcohol and it really ruined the experience.

If you go and you don't drink cocktails, you'll have a good time

Reviewed August 21, 2019

The food was excellent, the service exceptional, and the entire experience was exactly what we were looking for. I highly recommend Olea.

Date of visit: August 2019

Been to Olea? Share your experiences!