“Awesome”

Ranked #70 of 567 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A mixture of authentic Japanese cuisine with a modern vibe, exquisite presentation and design, and a commitment to green and socially responsible business practices, Miso Japanese Restaurant is a welcomed retreat from the conventional dining experience and offers customers an opportunity to please their palate and indulge a little- guilt-free. Our food has been awarded the best Asian and sushi in Connecticut with accolades and recognition from world-renown chefs, magazines, and within culinary circles. We specialize in truly traditional Japanese food preparation and sensibilities, with Japanese menu items including sushi, sashimi, nigiri, and other fine dishes including noodles, katsu, and teriyaki-based plates. Our menu includes a selection of traditional rolls and house-originals from our chef who has over 20 years of experience in culinary arts, training and learning techniques from master chefs from Malaysia to New York. We use the freshest ingredients with daily fish deliveries to ensure fantastic taste and value for every meal. Take advantage of our full bar, take-out, catering, and space for private parties! Sustainability is large part of the core values of Miso Japanese Restaurant where most construction materials are bamboo, recycled wood, paper, and other upcycled materials. Cooking oil is recycled and repurposed for biofuel after use and all byproducts are converted or reused to its maximum potential. The entire team at Miso Japanese Restaurant warmly welcome you to join us for your next meal. Miso Japanese Restaurant: a taste (and experience!) Like no other.
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Suggestion: Go. Sit at the sushi bar and watch the magic of Jason, while eating the very freshest sushi. it is by far the best that I have had in many many years. I do not understand how anyone could rate this food anything other than delicious. Your taste buds are in for a treat. Jason, a very experienced sushi chef, originally from Malaysia, is eager to share his world with you, provided he is not too busy. We ate there last night before going to the Longwharf Theater, which is very close by. I highly recommend going.

There are newer reviews for Miso Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My fiance have been trying a ton of different sushi places around New Haven county. This is one of our new favorites. I tried the gyoza (pork dumplings) and they were great. The roll I had was great too, but my fiance LOVED his. It was one of the specials that night called Toro which was a spicy tuna hand roll. It was more expensive but he loved it so much he ordered a second.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I was in New Haven for about a month on business last year. I got to know Jason the head sushi chef and he didn't disappoint. First of all, his presentation skills are some of the best I've seeen. He gets everything brought in fresh from Japan and you can tell. The special menu changes almost every day and there's usually something on there you've probably never had. The foie gras is to die for and his cuts of sashimi are excellent. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have been here many times over the years, usually for lunch but also an occasional dinner. Always a good meal, excellent service and nice decor/atmosphere. Lunch specials are a good value. Innovative takes on traditional Japanese meals.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Owner refuses to serve fish that are considered possibly over fished, unfortunately that includes most of the fish that taste good!