“Mashed potato pizza?!”

Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

New Haven is world famous for its pizza, but I am willing to bet you haven't tried mashed potato pizza with bacon. I was very doubtful when told I had to try it, but it turned out to be fantastic! Also had their veggie pizza which was very good. My family with three teenage boys was with me and they served these thin crust, wood fire, rectangle pizza and great salad. While waiting you can hang out in the bar and play a little pool. They can accommodate a couple all the way up to large groups of 20.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been to the Bru Rm several times and I always come away feeling like I missed something. Don't be fooled into thinking you can get anything to eat here besides pizza - it's the only thing they offer besides salad. It is tasty but way too thin for my liking, and the ingredients add up quickly to the price. This is certainly a younger people hangout, and I'm not that old!

A quick word about the beer. I'm a big Stout fan and their offering is too bitter; their Pale Ale is more like an IPA and the toasted blonde lacks any real flavor.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Mashed potato pizza............so very, very good. Great experience with colleagues - 20+ of us!. Called the bar, made reservation for 20 and away we went. YUM!!!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Last night, I was excited to attend an event at Bar but left disappointed after dealing with an overzealous bouncer. Although the bouncer allowed an 11-year old child into the bar area, he demanded that every black patron--even those of us with grey hair--show identification.This is the 2nd time that I have visited Bar and was accosted for my ID while white patrons were not. As much as I love Bar's pizza, I cherish my respect even more. I don't see myself returning to Bar until there is an end to the systemic profiling of black patrons.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Best Salad, Best Pizza, Best Atmosphere, Great Beer!
This is one of my favorite places in New Haven. The waitstaff is great. I have never been diappointed eating here and I am a frequent visitor. You must try the mashed potatoe pie!