“Ehhh. At least the pizza has flavor.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Bru Rm At BAR
Ranked #70 of 551 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Middletown, Connecticut
“Ehhh. At least the pizza has flavor.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

I've been to the Bru Rm several times and I always come away feeling like I missed something. Don't be fooled into thinking you can get anything to eat here besides pizza - it's the only thing they offer besides salad. It is tasty but way too thin for my liking, and the ingredients add up quickly to the price. This is certainly a younger people hangout, and I'm not that old!

A quick word about the beer. I'm a big Stout fan and their offering is too bitter; their Pale Ale is more like an IPA and the toasted blonde lacks any real flavor.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Kansas City
“Who'da Thot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Mashed potato pizza............so very, very good. Great experience with colleagues - 20+ of us!. Called the bar, made reservation for 20 and away we went. YUM!!!

New York, New York, United States
“Loyal patron disappointed by Bar's racial profiling”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Last night, I was excited to attend an event at Bar but left disappointed after dealing with an overzealous bouncer. Although the bouncer allowed an 11-year old child into the bar area, he demanded that every black patron--even those of us with grey hair--show identification.This is the 2nd time that I have visited Bar and was accosted for my ID while white patrons were not. As much as I love Bar's pizza, I cherish my respect even more. I don't see myself returning to Bar until there is an end to the systemic profiling of black patrons.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Clinton, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Best Salad, Best Pizza, Best Atmosphere, Great Beer!
This is one of my favorite places in New Haven. The waitstaff is great. I have never been diappointed eating here and I am a frequent visitor. You must try the mashed potatoe pie!

Visited September 2012
Milford, ct
“Amzing have to have the mashed potatoes pie!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Sounds weird at first and you will be like really, I'm not sure, but dang DO itt! Do it! A total yum. The place can get crowded at night and they do have gay nights where things can get well...strange.

Visited January 2012