“Perfect for a Birthday Dinner!!!”
Review of Sage American Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Sage American Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2012

While this wasn't my first time visiting or reviewing Sage American Bar & Grill. It was my first time using them to plan my friends surprise 40th birthday!

My boyfriend’s 40th birthday was approaching and I wanted to surprise him with a dinner party at one of the restaurants that we've been to. The location was key, because i had planned on inviting people from as both North and South, so I wanted a location that was easy to get to off of I95. I also wanted a place that had good food, reasonable prices and good atmosphere.

I immediately thought of Sage and decided to contact them via the email link off of their website. Within a day or two, Amy, their planner replied to my email and was SOOO helpful in getting everything planned and coordinated. Amy worked with me to create a menu of items pre-selected by me, so that the choices weren't overwhelming during the dinner party and I wanted to keep the price the same for each guest. As the night began to get closer, I had quite a few drop outs to the original invite, up to and including the day of the event. I spoke to Amy the morning of, and told her that instead of the 24 people that I had confirmed, I now had only 17 people. She was so patient and understanding at each change in reservations, not losing her cool even once (not so sure I would have been so patient!).

When we arrived for dinner, everything was AWESOME!!! Our table was set up in the room with the plate glass window (from floor to ceiling) on one side and the large fireplace on the other side!! The Happy Birthday menus were pre-printed with the options that I had selected and a Happy Birthday to the guest of honor at the top!

The whole evening from the appetizers to the food, drinks and laughs over dinner was terrific!! Our waiter was very nice as well, very attentive and accommodating (I wish I could remember his name, so sorry i completely forgot). A few of our guest had already mentioned returning for dinner in the future.

So thank you Amy and the staff at Sage for an incredible birthday dinner and for the delicious food!!!

1  Thank PAJ-G

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Excellent service, food and atmosphere. Whether you are going on a first date or an anniversary dinner, Sage American Gill is perfect! We had a fabulous time where Sage hosted a very special event for my husband and I, along with our group of close family. We renewed our vows on the premises, utilizing the deck, overlooking the harbor and then we took beautiful pictures on the grounds. Afterwards, we all ate in the small semi-private room that the restaurant that was reserved for our party. Our treatment from beginning to end exceeded our expectations! The service and food was just an added bonus to the beautiful location. Even the other patrons were wonderful-a nice couple sent us over a bottle of campaign to congratulate us on our special day, just adding to the warmhearted atmosphere we experienced.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The patio is right on the water which we love and you can watch the boats. The tables and chairs outside are old. The menu needs to updated and the food a little expensive the specials are usually always the same if you go more than once. Service is not attentive or speedy at all usually. The host for the patio acts as if you are an inconvenience when you want a table and never smiles. The place is only average but the view worth seeing once.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The atmosphere is great. Out is on the water which would lead you to think that this a great place. We were disappointed with the food, service and price. I had seared tuna which was over cooked and cold. My wide had a seafood dish that was cold and well done. The service was very slow. In my opinion, the big price is for the atmosphere. I wouldn't go again.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

On our way home from a fabulous weekend in VT and NH, we stopped at this restaurant for dinner. Apparently every Sunday during the summer, there is Reggae music on the deck. We sat inside and enjoyed the festivities outside. Then our entree appeared, it was a hot pot of lobster, shrimp, clams, chicken sausage, spinach, linguini and corn on the cob. The sause was superb, clams cooked perfectly, shrimp were moist and tender and chicken sausage had just the right amount of bit. Don't know about anything else on the menu but the lobster bake is enough for me to go back and try something else. The staff very attentive and the service was very good.