“Win!”
Review of Basil Restaurant

Basil Restaurant
Ranked #126 of 634 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Restaurant was next to our hotel and had good reviews so I tried it. Had the Vietnamese beef noodle soup and the pork buns appetizer. Huge portions, good quality, waitress was super friendly and I walked out for less than $10(minus tip). Win!

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed October 15, 2017

Stopped in on a recent sight-seeing trip to New Haven. The food was tasty and abundant, the service was very friendly. We sat in the window seat and enjoyed having a view into neighborhood activity. Wish we lived closer; we would be here all the time.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed October 11, 2017

We had dinner here and sat at the table for two in the window. It was a great spot to watch all the activity. Our server was prompt, helpful, and attentive. My companion had a noodle fish that was delicious. I got sesame chicken with broccoli. Both our plates came out quickly and the servings were huge! My chicken was served with brown rice.

My chicken was excellent but the sauce (hoisin?) was really thick and not appealing. I scraped most of it off. Regardless, I would return and would ask the server for recommendations. It was a fine meal, especially when it was less than $10 with a tip!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

The waitress is friendly. Great place for lunch or dinner. The food and especially the soups are excellent. Very inexpensive. If you do not know what to order, just ask, and they will help you. I'm a frequent flyer so I will probably see you there

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 10, 2017 via mobile

Came to tour Yale University and came across this little place. The server was quiet but friendly. Our food came quickly and was delicious. It is always a bonus when the prices are inexpensive too. VERY good experience!

Date of visit: August 2017