“A really good neighborhood restaurant- priceless”
Review of Stone Hearth Restaurant - CLOSED

Stone Hearth Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Healthy
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: American Bistro. Serving Locally sourced ingrediants for Lunch, Dinner, & Weekend Brunch. Excellent Beer and Wine selection to go with your food
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The restaurant is sleek and sophisticated. browns, open ceiling. The staff is top notch. Our waitress Baracah, was informative and patient as we had a lot of questions , it being our first time. nice focaccia to start. Scallops over cauliflower purée was excellent. the salmon with asparagus and citrus butter sauce very flavorful. The fungi farfalli with cream sauce nice, although the sauce could have been a little richer but did we really need it so? The gratis cheese pizza was great, the dough so light and crispy and cheese had a nice "punch" .A generous wine by the glass menu with good prices$6-7 . finished up with strawberry shortcake, have to get those fruit servings in, We hope this place does well and we don't have to make track downtown to get a good meal. The prices were very reasonable for quality.

Date of visit: July 2013

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I have eaten here twice now; once with my family and once with only with my husband. We enjoyed ourselves on both occasions. The food is prepared well, fresh, and well composed. The wine was excellent- we tried a Wine of the Day and our sommelier really new his wines. Since we at relatively early on both occasions (6 pm), it wasn't overly crowded and the service was good. We will go here again, and have recommended it to friends. It is a welcome addition to the neighborhood.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is a very welcome restaurant to the Westville area. Diverse menu to fit every mood from appetizers, entrees, salads, desserts.
Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Atmosphere is open and comfortable booths.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I would like to offer my experience in hope that the owner reads this because I really like this restaurant and want it to succeed. This is my 3rd time here and I must say I was disappointed (Father's Day). It seems that with each visit the quality has begun to slide and corners seem to be getting cut. Staff are very nice, pleasant and always welcoming. We ordered the NY Roasted Poussin, Pan seared trout, ratatouille, and Grilled "Butcher's Tenderloin" hanger steak. The waitress brought the hot towel before the chicken arrived, I think it should have arrived after I was done, because it was ice cold when I needed it. The trout was great, but the ratatouille had too much of a tomato sauce taste and texture. Oven roasted garlic cauliflower was lukewarm at best. The Turtle dessert was served on a wonderfully tasty shortbread but the ganache was dreadful, both in texture and taste. I know this is extremely picky, but please don't serve a wine glass straight from the dishwasher, the three of us immediately saw the watermarks and thought this is not the way you serve wine. We each took our napkins and began to wipe our glasses inside and out before our bottle of wine arrived. They have some great items on their menu and I think if they can get back to the level they were when they first opened will have a long presence in Westville. It is a casual sit down restaurant with not so casual prices so I expect more from them.

1  Thank 962cheryle
StoneHearth, Owner at Stone Hearth Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent dinner at our restaurant. I apologize that your dining experience this time was not up to the standards that you have come to expect from us.

We serve a hot towel with the Poussin so diners can use it to wipe their fingers as they eat and keep their napkin clean for the rest of the meal. That has generally proven more convenient for the diner than receiving one after the course is completed or switching out a soiled napkin for a clean one after the entrée. Given your feedback we will poll our guests over the next week to determine if there is a preference for the finger towel during the meal or after the meal.

We are delighted that you thought the trout was great and the shortbread wonderfully tasty. The Executive Chef is reviewing the preparation of the ratatouille and ganache based on your comments as well as the reason the cauliflower was not served hot.

Our standard is that every wine glass be polished. Therefore, there is no excuse for any being placed on the table with water spots.

Again, we are sorry that we disappointed you. We are taking your comments to heart, will take corrective actions, and hope that you will have the rewarding dining experience that you have come to expect from us next time.

Thanks for your loyalty and your interest in helping us be better.

Best regards,

Peter

Reviewed June 15, 2013

My husband and I have been dining here since the restaurant first opened a few months ago...we love everything about it.....
From the menu which has something for everyone to the atmosphere , which is very comfortable , child friendly and warm.....new york bistro like......
We continue to come here , my husband with his golf buddies...to myself with my girlfriends....hey during my April birthday month I in fact had 4 different celebrations here....it's that good!!!
The manager, Howie, is always there with a big smile, hoping to please your every whim.....
Need I say more??? Oops. One more mention, since I am a dessert person, all made on premises...yummmm!!!!

1  Thank Jeanie H