“Great neighborhood spot!”
Review of One 6 Three

One 6 Three
Ranked #56 of 588 Restaurants in New Haven
Reviewed January 12, 2018

A friend told me about this place for excellent pizza. Thin crust, delicious, unique variety. Bring your own wine and enjoy! Very small spot with only a few tables... get there early and secure a spot. Everyone very friendly. Look forward to returning!

Reviewed January 10, 2018

On a cold, snowy night in December, our daughter said she had heard of a pizza place from her co-workers. We trudged 20 to 30 minutes through the cold and snow to One 6 Three, with me whining the whole way. I am glad that we made the trip.

One 6 Three is a small establishment with several tables and a bar with seating and is nestled in an older residential community. It was warm and pleasant on a cold night and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. They appear to do a good bit of take out business as well.

We tried two of their pizza offerings on gluten-free crust. The Scamp is an offering on their seafood pies section and consisted of shrimp scampi, sauteed spinach, fresh garlic, and asiago. It was very tasty, not overpowering, and filled the need for a dinner selection. Our other choice was The Memphis from their meat pies section. This one was our departure from the norm and had BBQ sauce, pulled chicken (can choose pulled pork), caramelized onions, feta, and blueberries. Yes, that says blueberries, which we decided to keep to have the pizza as designed. This pizza's flavors just burst when you take a bite of it and it served as a sweet alternative to our other pizza. The combination of the two pizzas made the trip worthwhile and memorable. They have a number of interesting pizza offerings as well as appetizers, salads, and sandwiches. Also, they are a BYOB restaurant. We will be back again.

As always, the staff is so important to the dining experience. Our waitress was relaxed, fun, and informative. The owner stopped by to chat with us and made suggestions about their gluten-free offerings, adding a nice touch to our visit.

Reviewed October 31, 2017 via mobile

Ordered two pizzas for a group of us for lunch. We have never rated here before and we’re pleasantly surprised. Pizza was good thin crust. We will definitely be back
!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2017

I had a lunch appointment and my client asked me to meet him at One 6 Three (hear after 163) for pizza. Now New Haven has some of the best pizza around and I am very partial to one other spot but I was willing to try something new (especially with him paying). When I arrived at 163 my first impression was intriguing. Not a large place but the wood-fired is front and center. It was immediately apparent that the staff was fun, attentive, and dare I say hip! Looking at the menu there were number of things I would have liked to have tried but my client settled in on the Sweet & Salami pizza which is crushed tomato sauce | genoa salami | fresh mozzarella | hot cherry peppers | honey drizzle. I wanted to ask them to hold on the honey but since I was not ordering I kept quiet and MAN was I glad. This was a phenomenal pizza. The crust is very thin but was perfectly crisp and yet still had some chewiness to it (that is an art form!). The salami was wafer thin and generously spread with chopped hot cherry peppers and just the right amount of fresh mozz. There were so many flavors happening in each bite. There was a slight smokiness of the salami, followed by the mild pickled heat of the peppers, and then finishing with a slightly salty and slightly sweetness of the mozz and honey. Amazing!!!

In short it is hard to give a full review based on one pizza but it was a VERY good one. Further the staff was awesome. I am definitely coming back to try some of the other items on the menu! You must try this as you work your way through New Haven Pizza spots.

Reviewed July 27, 2017

A fantastic neighborhood pizza parlor in a residential area, well removed from the Yale/downtown area. While it offers salads (garden salad is terrific, by the way), sandwiches, appetizers and a few entrees, the show here is the pizza, and it's some of the best we've had anywhere. Our favorites included The Goat, The Bleu, and a couple of specials on the menu that day. Great creativity, yet everything went together wonderfully well. Extremely casual and low-key, BYOB, no pretentiousness, just fabulous pizza. Great for dining solo (they can make personal pan sizes), large groups, everything in between.