“Best Hummus I've tasted!”

Mamoun's Falafel Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 553 Restaurants in New Haven
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New Haven, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Hummus I've tasted!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I have been here twice and both times the food was delicious. The hummus is amazing as was the falafel sandwich! The food comes out quick and the prices are definitely reasonable! A must try if your in New Haven!

Chennai (Madras), India
“Fantastic Falafel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Falafels made in Mamoun's are perfect and will definitely satisfy your taste bud. The quality was great. The service was very good and very prompt. They are open from 11.00 AM to 3.00 AM for 16 hours without break. The inside is maintained with old tradition and a few Outside seats are also available,

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Krishnamoorthy G
Durham,CT
“Falafel Heaven!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I have been coming to Mamoun's for over 30 years. The inside has almost stayed the same .Quality of the food has always been great. Very hard to find middleeastern food.
Falafels are made perfect and the the plate meals are( meat or nonmeat) fill you up.There are times when the place is busy and service takes a bit longer however well worth the wait. Prices
are low and you will want to come back time after time. There are a few tables for outside dining.

• Visited August 2013
Brookfield, Connecticut
“Above average, but not a homerun...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

As another reviewer writes this is a student dive that's open until 3 AM, it's a bit dingy inside, dark and you are not going there for the atmosphere. Thin paper plates and cups with plastic utensils. The service was good considering there was only one server and the place was packed on a Sunday afternoon.The prices are very reasonable for the portions and often dives have the best food sometimes.

My husband is from the Middle East originally so we are always looking for tastes from home and I realize we may be tougher critics than some as such. He ordered the shish kebob combo and I the chicken shwarma plate. My chicken was excellent and my husbands lamb as well. I don't care for lamb but I liked this, beautifully cooked and not gamey as lamb can uniquely be. The falafel very good. It was however a bit bland compared to other Arabic restaurants we've eaten at and what we prepare at home, the tahini was plain and tasted diluted. It should be creamy with a bit of thickness, the sesame flavor pronounced and it was not. There was a lack of onions on the plates, usually a visible staple accompaniment with Middle Eastern food, and the pita bread was nothing special and it should be. Real pita is flexible almost stretchy and this was not much better than I could buy at the grocery store which is why it gets an average from us.

It's good food, but not fantastic and I would not drive out of my way to go here, but if in the neighborhood it's definitely worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Best Falafel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

It's student dive but their falafel is among the best I've ever had. You can't beat the prices either.

Visited May 2013