“Lunch - Delicious! Highly Recommend; Would give 4-1/2 Stars”
Review of Zinc

Zinc
Reserve with OpenTable
Zinc is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 571 Restaurants in New Haven
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between College and Temple Streets
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The decided to lunch at Zinc. It was our first time there. Overall, it was a very positive experience. My daughter had the Goat Cheese and Chicken Salad ($12). She said it was the best salad she has ever eaten. Besides some large pieces of boneless chicken breast, the mesclun salad had artichokes, chopped tomato, goat cheese and slices of italian bread. She loved the combination of flavors. I had the Grilled Hangar Steak $14). I ordered my steak medium rare. It was more rare than medium rare. I didnt send it back. It was delicious. A small dallop of goat cheese butter was placed atop the steak. It was offered with mesclun, but I requested vegetables instead. The asian vegetables were delicious and flavorful. It consisted primarily of bok choy. My meal was served with french fries. This was my least favorite part of my meal. The fries were like McDonald's french fries. Nothing special. I feel another potato would have been a better offering. The service was excellent. The server was attentive with water and checking in. The lunch menu was about half the price of the dinner menu (with most entrees in the $25-$29 range.) The ambiance was fine -- a rather simple, modern, yet attractive look. As we were initially being seated, I felt the tables were a bit too close together for quiet conversation, so we asked to be relocated to the front of the restaurant near the bar. No one else was in this section so it would out well for us. Overall, a very positive experience.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

What a treat! We went with friends before a show, and had a table in the back which was a little quieter than the front. Each dish held at least 6 different taste treats. There were garnishes galor to tantalize the taste buds, and combinations that left us shaking out heads in wonder, "how does he do that?" I recommend it to anyone who enjoys spending the time to savor the individual dishes and trying to identify flavors.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

We have been visiting Zinc for several years now. The reason? It is consistent in its creative, flavorful dishes.
The menu has small plates offerings that change daily and the main entrees span the entire range of tastes.
The staff is prompt and attentive with out rushing.
The crowd is energetic and campus divers being on the New Haven Green next to Yale.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very pleasant and lively place right next to Yale. Excellent gnocchi with olives and other ingredients. Pleasant and inexpensive wine by the glass. Good service. Food nicely prepared with the nouvelle touch about it.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A recent dinner at Zinc did not disappoint! This was my 3rd meal here in last 2years and the menu remains varied and creative, wine list reasonably priced with ample selections, and service is not rushed even on a busy Saturday night, we will no doubt return again.